Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are in this together

Porky87

Aug 21, 2010
So, I have been thinking lately just how disappointing our atmosphere is and how this factor along with the feel of camaraderie within any football club are really, really important reasons for continued enjoyment (at least for me). There are games I can remember at the withdean where I have enjoyed games more than games at the Amex, which surely isn't right! And this is down to the feeling of 'all in this together'. In summary, I am disappointed with the amount of negative comments between fans. For example- hearing arguments between fans at games and this ridiculous constant grammar correction on message boards. We are all in this together, we and only we as brighton fans can make the Amex rock and create a great atmosphere. I'm sure all of us would love a better noise around the Amex even when we are playing rubbish! Games like burnley where although we lost I can still look back and say I had a great time going are to few and far between now. Let's change that. Let's get the Amex rocking again and be bloody proud of our home. (Sorry for essay)

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
So, I have been thinking lately just how disappointing our atmosphere is and how this factor along with the feel of camaraderie within any football club are really, really important reasons for continued enjoyment (at least for me). There are games I can remember at the withdean where I have enjoyed games more than games at the Amex, which surely isn't right! And this is down to the feeling of 'all in this together'. In summary, I am disappointed with the amount of negative comments between fans. For example- hearing arguments between fans at games and this ridiculous constant grammar correction on message boards. We are all in this together, we and only we as brighton fans can make the Amex rock and create a great atmosphere. I'm sure all of us would love a better noise around the Amex even when we are playing rubbish! Games like burnley where although we lost I can still look back and say I had a great time going are to few and far between now. Let's change that. Let's get the Amex rocking again and be bloody proud of our home. (Sorry for essay)

Very well said. Totally agree

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why is grammar correction 'ridiculous'? (You could have done with splitting that down into a few paragraphs to make it easier to read btw. Plus you had a 'summary', and then introduced some additional factors.)

But yeah, it would be nice if, at the ground, everybody got behind the team and left the bitching and carping until they got to the pub - or indeed onto NSC as this board is for fans opinions both negative and positive, not just for cheerleaders.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
To a degree it starts at the top. When a manager embraces the fans we all become a collective. It then becomes a we are all in this together rather than a them and us. The seige mentality is created when you have a Russell Slade at the helm and not a manager who isolates himself from the rest of the group.

Not having a go at Hyypia merely pointing out what I see as the reason why there doesn't seem to be a collective "we are all in this together" feel about things

I think you will find Brighton starts with a capital!:facepalm:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Well said. A bit of a " state the bleedin obvious" post but, hey-ho. Oh, and by the way I KNOW there's a "G" on the end of "bleedin" so no ridiculous grammar correction required, thanks.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

1. Worrying if you consider one paragraph an essay?

2. There were plenty of games at The Withdean that I didn't enjoy. FA Cup against Mansfield immediately springs to mind. Every ground that I've watched us play at has had good and bad games (possibly apart from Priestfield!).

3. What creates a good atmosphere is either contrived orchestration (such as the 'Ultras') or, more importantly, good exciting football. I prefer the latter.

4. 5 posts in 4 years would seem to suggest you don't poke your head above the parapet that often. Maybe you should get more involved!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well said. A bit of a " state the bleedin obvious" post but, hey-ho. Oh, and by the way I KNOW there's a "G" on the end of "bleedin" so no ridiculous grammar correction required, thanks.

Actually, missing the 'g' off is quite permissible, but really you should have replaced it with an apostrophe to indicate that there was a letter missing.

(Oh come on! I don't do this very often!) :lolol:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Actually, missing the 'g' off is quite permissible, but really you should have replaced it with an apostrophe to indicate that there was a letter missing.

(Oh come on! I don't do this very often!) :lolol:

D'oh! That's me told then eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here