Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia still in striker hunt [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sami Hyypia is delighted to have brought Elliott Bennett back to Brighton & Hove Albion, but remains in the market for another striker.
A deal to return Bennett to the south coast club for a second spell was struck on Monday, with the winger joining on loan from Norwich City.
Hyypia is tipping the new boy to make an immediate impact at the Amex Stadium, with the tricky winger drafted in to try and help snap Brighton out of an 11-match winless run in the Sky Bet Championship.
He told The Argus: “He’s a dynamic player who can cope with one against one situations, go past people.
“He has a good delivery, so he can be somebody to deliver the ball at set pieces as well.
“I think when he has got a chance to cross he can put a good cross in but we need to make sure then we have people in the box to score.
“What I have seen of him he is a very dynamic player and at the moment sometimes I feel we lack that little bit of sharpness and energy. He is a player who can give it to us.”
While pleased to have got one deal over the line, Hyypia is hoping for further joy in the loan market when it comes to the pursuit of forward-thinking talent.
Following a 3-2 defeat at Bournemouth on Saturday, added: “It doesn’t change things. We are trying to find the right one to come in. It’s no secret that we are lacking in the goalscoring position.
“Both goals Adrian (Colunga) and Sam (Baldock) scored were good goals and hopefully they will keep their form.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here