Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Osbourne and HM Govt tax summary.

Yoda

English & European
A waste of tax payers money. They've paid someone or more than one to compile this junk mail and paid more to print, collate, fold and place them in envelopes to send to us.

I'd love to know if this figure will be included on this summary. Doubt it somehow.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't we all get pretty much the same thing with our Council Tax bills, explaining where the money is spent?

Personally I don't see the problem with it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Except it is just a Tory propaganda sheet, why doesn't it explain that welfare includes winter fuel payments to millionaire pensioners and not just out of work benefits to job seekers ?

interesting issue to pick up on: which party is it that insisted upon universal benefits being universal and not means tested?

i find the graph informative and will let people ask lots of questions. most enlightening is that they acknowledge lumping NIC in with general tax, which i hope will highlight how flawed this system is.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why don't they just put it on the website and publicise that fact. A lot cheaper and they could include a lot more detail except of course that wouldn't serve the purpose that the Tories are hoping for.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Why don't they just put it on the website and publicise that fact. A lot cheaper and they could include a lot more detail except of course that wouldn't serve the purpose that the Tories are hoping for.

And that is the point.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Waste of paper - anyone would think the Internet hadn't been invented.

This isn't any sort of comprehensive statement of how taxes are raised and spent.

Where's the VAT? Where's the fuel duty? Where's the alcohol duty?

Selective figures can only be interpreted as delivering a twisted propaganda message.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Will there be vile propaganda when this government loses the next election? Or is labour propaganda lovely and kind and sweet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here