Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday's match report.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If you're interested.

Read it here; http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?309-Bournemouth-v-Albion-01-11-2014

Or don't.

I'll forewarn that this will probably not be the most objective of reports. You see I don't like Eddie Howe. More accurately, I really, really can't abide the perma-grinning, unspeakably smug little Ken doll. Which all serves to make defeat to his side, particularly irritating.

But of course, whether the defeat was deserved is largely by the by. 11 games without a win heaping more pressure on the beleaguered Sami Hyypia, who told reporters "We need three points in the table. I am responsible for the results and if we don't get them then something needs to change."

It was a defeat not without encouraging signs, but the side desperately needs a lift. Hopefully Elliott Bennett, on his way back to the club on loan, can help to achieve it, against Wigan on Tuesday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good report, although it was depressing to relive the result of the game, due to errors and the lack of a big slice of luck, :smile:

I, too, have an irrational dislike of Howe's face but then I always thought Thunderbirds are Go was pretty crap. Have to admit that Howe has done a fine job with good backing from his board.

Last edited:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good report, thanks.

After Saturday night's inevitably emotional and over-simplified reaction on here, it's refreshing to read a thoughtful and lucid account of a game that we were unlucky to lose. Unfortunately, it was our three aberrations in defence that were reflected in the scoreline rather than our technical and tactical superiority.

Ah well, onwards an upwards, UTA!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here