Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Collymore...Its not up to footballers to be positive role models

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This was something Stan came out with tonight on TS, clearly no remorse for his past endeavors

Call me old fashioned but with such a high profile today's footballers do have a responsibility. Its the least they can do as highly privilidged individuals

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly he has no idea about employment as he is so fecking stupid.

If you act in a way that is totally disreputable to your employer a probability is you may lose your job.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Clearly he has no idea about employment as he is so fecking stupid.

If you act in a way that is totally disreputable to your employer a probability is you may lose your job.

I used to go out with a girl who went to school with him, I can confirm he is fecking stupid (cannot confirm whether said girl ever went dogging with him though)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I used to go out with a girl who went to school with him, I can confirm he is fecking stupid (cannot confirm whether said girl ever went dogging with him though)
He's also the most boring commentator on the radio, always droning with that terrible monotoned accent, about irrelevances whilst the play continues and the listener is left wondering what's going on. Dreadful bloke.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
falklands2.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think he is good at what he does.

I feel like a lot of TS presenters Collymore just tries to create controversy just do get the cold volumes to try and get more ambulance chasers to advertise on their station. Often is opinions are completely at odds with each other.

His all time classic (which he still stands by) is no promotion / relegation of the Premier League.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I heard a bit of that tonight and I'm pretty sure that's not what he said. I specifically heard him say that he doesn't see football as just a business but something that has social responsibilities as well. What he did say was that other areas of celebrity seem to get away with not being role models while footballers are always highlighted for any questionable behaviour.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't see why footballers should be role models for anything other than play football well. It's not their job, any more than it's the job of a singer, poet, artist or dancer to be a role model.

If Person A puts Person B on a pedestal, copying his/her actions and is let down by B's shortcomings, it's Person A's responsibility.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
I don't see why footballers should be role models for anything other than play football well. It's not their job, any more than it's the job of a singer, poet, artist or dancer to be a role model.

If Person A puts Person B on a pedestal, copying his/her actions and is let down by B's shortcomings, it's Person A's responsibility.

If person B puts themselves up as a perfect role model and puts themselves on a pedestal, but is secretly a complete *******, does Person A have the right to feel cheated in any way? Just asking.......

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I heard a bit of that tonight and I'm pretty sure that's not what he said. I specifically heard him say that he doesn't see football as just a business but something that has social responsibilities as well. What he did say was that other areas of celebrity seem to get away with not being role models while footballers are always highlighted for any questionable behaviour.

I guess he's missing the point that millions of kids mimic footballers far more than actors, singers or anyone else because footy against the others is a pastime that they take part in themselves.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

Exactly what I was thinking, and written far more succinctly and coherently than my tired mind could have.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I guess he's missing the point that millions of kids mimic footballers far more than actors, singers or anyone else because footy against the others is a pastime that they take part in themselves.

You've hit the nail on the head. Today Joe Hart squared his head right up to the ref, can't believe he got away with it. This is the England keeper FFS...

The next thing school kids will be doing the same to their PE teachers seeing it as acceptable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here