Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardener or Harley... who is worse?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Neither appeared to give a toss for the team. As much as I really disliked Harley, this Aston Villa geezer is the pits!

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think Harley was a lower league player in a pretty good Albion team that season, I expected better from Gardener.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Harley was an arrogant lazy player. Gardner is lacking in confidence IMHO - along with a lot of the team
I hope it is just lacking in confidence and not lacking in skill... he looks pretty dreadful at the moment. And why all those into-the-stands long ranged shots

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's not a confidence thing. It's more of an attitude thing, big premier league player coming down to little old Brighton.

The trouble is he's not that good, though is better than Harley.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Stupid comparison. Gardner has not been great but he's been nowhere near as bad as Harley, although it likely helps he plays in a less-forwards position, it was the total unwillingness to tackle that made me want to shoot Harley.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Harley was a total waste of space , Gardner is another overrated player.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Don't be silly Gardner isn't as bad as that. Not good enough to play but he does as least try.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wish he wouldn't shoot he must have had 20 shots this season without one on target and as for that attempt from the half way line v Watford :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wish he wouldn't shoot he must have had 20 shots this season without one on target and as for that attempt from the half way line v Watford :facepalm:

It's an Albion disease this season and LuaLua's speciality. Kicks Jonny Wilkinson would be proud of, but others too keep having pop shots from 30 yards invariably landing in 'row Z'. Often criminally, when Calderon and others have made lung-busting overlapping runs, only to be ignored by myopic teammates shooting from miles out.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Ryan Harley was so completely tragic that the Bee Gees wrote a famous song about him, which Steps more recently covered.

His talent was so sparse that when when exploring the universe, physicists found said talent believing it was dark matter.

He was the person crushed by Dorothy Gale's falling house in the Wizard of Oz, thus explaining the void he created on the pitch.

On the morning of April 15th 1912, the liner Titanic struck Ryan Harley and sank after lookouts failed to spot him floating aimlessly in a sea of blue. Oceanographers believe that, like most other ice bergs, Ryan Harley became a shadow of his former self and eventually faded into nothing.

He was so obscure that Idi Amin added him to his long list of self-appointed titles.

He was well known for his one-liners, but most famously for the one where he told his boss he'd be a great goal-scorer. He was promptly given an award for "Comedian of the Millenium". The Queen herself also honoured him for services to Comedy.

He was on Billy Paynter's list of inspirational figures, possibly in the top one.

Etc.

Dec 29, 2011
It's an Albion disease this season and LuaLua's speciality. Kicks Jonny Wilkinson would be proud of, but others too keep having pop shots from 30 yards invariably landing in 'row Z'. Often criminally, when Calderon and others have made lung-busting overlapping runs, only to be ignored by myopic teammates shooting from miles out.

They usually shoot because there are no forward options - partly the fault of the other players and the tactics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here