Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we have a "Our supporters sounded amazing tonight" thread on Tuesday?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Be good to have 3 on the spin... :smile:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
and 20 minutes non stop of Elliot runs down the wing for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Small town near Oldham anyone? :)

Don't take this personally, as for the most part, I very much applaud your singing efforts. But I really, really hate those songs.

I'd like to think that whoever started the "Small town near Arsenal" at Spurs was trying to be funny, but equally, I bet there were a fair few plums joining in without the slightest thought that Arsenal isn't actually a place.

It's up there with "xxxx is a shithole, I wanna go home", "Worst support we've ever seen" and "Your support is ******* ****" in the lexicon of inane, tedious and borderline embarrassing songs for my money.

I'd love people to come up with some genuinely wittier efforts with which to mock other teams, but it's a rare and unexpected joy when it actually happens.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hoping the match ref. (L.Collins, whoever he is?) creates a dodgy decision in the first five minutes to get us home fans "going"! :albion2:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't take this personally, as for the most part, I very much applaud your singing efforts. But I really, really hate those songs.

I'd like to think that whoever started the "Small town near Arsenal" at Spurs was trying to be funny, but equally, I bet there were a fair few plums joining in without the slightest thought that Arsenal isn't actually a place.

It's up there with "xxxx is a shithole, I wanna go home", "Worst support we've ever seen" and "Your support is ******* ****" in the lexicon of inane, tedious and borderline embarrassing songs for my money.

I'd love people to come up with some genuinely wittier efforts with which to mock other teams, but it's a rare and unexpected joy when it actually happens.

See the ' our supporters sounded amazing ' thread, you will understand :)

Sorry can't do the ' show thread' link thing

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Tony Bloom's blue n white army sounded great and easy to join in with. People could always clap along without singing so no excuses to be part of something surely.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Small town near Oldham anyone? :)

Ha Ha, yesterdays" small town near Portsmouth" was a bit odd as Southampton is much closer. Obviously I could be missing the point geographically but.....!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Hoping the match ref. (L.Collins, whoever he is?) creates a dodgy decision in the first five minutes to get us home fans "going"! :albion2:

I don't want to hear a peep out of you when we lose 1-0 after having a penalty awarded against us :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ha Ha, yesterdays" small town near Portsmouth" was a bit odd as Southampton is much closer. Obviously I could be missing the point geographically but.....!

:) See the thread with a very similar title to this one, read from post #40 but ignore when me and [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION] go off on a tangent about where Shoreham power station is.:D

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It'll be like a morgue after 10 minutes as Wigan go one up. Then we'll play "really well" huff and puff and fail to score before conceeding a second with 10 mins to go followed two minutes later by a thir full Amex.

Or we could win 3-0, I would rather see this outcome fingers crossed.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We should just break the 90 mins down into nine 10 min chunks give everyone a sheet just like in church

0-9 - hello hello we are the brighton boys ( just for those that don t know)
10-19 TB blue and white army (seems the 10th min is now tradition)
20-29 we are brighton super brighton
30-39 elliott bennett runs down the wing for me
40-49 brighton hove albion we love you the sussex boys in white blue song (gets injury time as well)

50-59 Paddy McCourt song as he is bound to be on the bench and we are boynd to need him at this time
60-69 TB blue and White Army again as deserves 2 goes
70-79 da da da da da da da da da da da Brighton or the great escape depends how its going
80-89 a few rousing renditions of sussex by the sea
90+ bit if northstand northstand northstand brighton boys, (with those who are left)
Added in the odd seagull chant albion chant for goals and corners
We all join in we can come back Tuesday And talk about the good atmosphere

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
We should just break the 90 mins down into nine 10 min chunks give everyone a sheet just like in church

0-9 - hello hello we are the brighton boys ( just for those that don t know)
10-19 TB blue and white army (seems the 10th min is now tradition)
20-29 we are brighton super brighton
30-39 elliott bennett runs down the wing for me
40-49 brighton hove albion we love you the sussex boys in white blue song (gets injury time as well)

50-59 Paddy McCourt song as he is bound to be on the bench and we are boynd to need him at this time
60-69 TB blue and White Army again as deserves 2 goes
70-79 da da da da da da da da da da da Brighton or the great escape depends how its going
80-89 a few rousing renditions of sussex by the sea
90+ bit if northstand northstand northstand brighton boys, (with those who are left)
Added in the odd seagull chant albion chant for goals and corners
We all join in we can come back Tuesday And talk about the good atmosphere

Not bad, if we could manage to slot in a "West stand west stand give us a song" then that might help the atmosphere.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
the most likely atmosphere to happen is that people turn up at their seats already moaning about the pies and the beer and then groan as the team is read out (regardless of the players in it). They will then sit in silence demanding something to happen before they dare make an noise. Then the second a player (who is not McCourt) misscontrols a the ball or misplaces a pass or a shot goes wide they will all start groaning and moaning.

I am not sure how this attitude is thought by them to translate into an atmosphere conducive to a good performance. Cue people saying things like "I have paid money to watch and can therefore moan and complain" and "A good atmosphere requires the players to do something on the pitch". Which just translates to "I can only support a team when it is winning. I am incapable of making a positive noise if things are not going so well".

You mean that the only thing to warm our spirits will be a muted, desultory half chorus of "Sing when we're winning, we only sing when we're winning" that echoes mournfully around the North Stand and dissipating languidly into the cold night air?

Surely we're made of sterner stuff? How about the NSC massif kicking off a resounding "We moan when we want, we moan when we waaant, we're Bright'n'ove Albion, we moan when we want"?

It could start a trend. As they carefully leave their seats, the 85 minute crew crooning in the muted deep timbre of a Welsh male voice choir "I want to go home, I want to go ho-ome, the park n' rides waiting, I want to go home".

I thought it was 'small town near Boscombe' ,anyway as shit as the small town songs are and the fact it takes a lot to make me "cringe" I'd rather have, Small town in../stand up if.../your support is fu.../Love Me Do/American Pie or the entire score from HMS Pinnefore rather than he pin drop you can often hear over the "cringes"

Also can I just clarify 'Embarrasing'. Let me tell you first hand 'Embarrasing' is waking up next to a woman you've only met 8 hours earlier to find you've wet the bed, after that, hearing some pissed up teenagers singing "Small town near United" doesn't register

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here