Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901, 5 year deal up next season?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was speaking to someone last night about 1901 season ticket holders and he was saying it was a 5 year deal for the 1901 area, can anyone confirm this is true and was wondering if that was the case how many would renew on the same basis if we kept floating mid table in the championship or worse we ever did get relegated to league 1 now that the 5 years would be up at the end of next season
Would people be willing to commit to another 5 years ( if it is a 5 year contract )
1901 brings a lot of revenue into the club I'm sure the club would want to see that area at full capacity for another 5 years

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think there a few people in the 1901 club who post on here, but they like to keep it to themselves and don't seem to want anyone else know they are in the 1901 club.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep 5 year renewals due at the end of next season.

I suspect quite a few will not renew however I am sure the corporate world will fill the void ensuring more money is spent there than at present.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think there a few people in the 1901 club who post on here, but they like to keep it to themselves and don't seem to want anyone else know they are in the 1901 club.

There are loads who really do not want people to know their status, I just follow the lanyards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In an ideal world we will be pushing for a spot in the Premier League and the Platinum price will be pushed through the roof to dissuade punters from renewing in that area. This area will then be made mostly corporate.

Not looking a likely scenario at the moment though.

From a personal point of view, I won't make a decision until much closer to the time when I know wtf is going on at the club, I may well just go for a regular season ticket if the club want to stitch me up in 1901:smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd be interested to know what the food is like in there ???

Indeed, perhaps they might introduce Google style chill out areas to de-stress given the current situation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Here we go again......

Quite happy to admit I'm a 1901-er. Love my seat, like I'm sure all of you do.

In terms of next season, yes, the 5 year term is up.

I actually own our 3 seats (myself, my son and my Father) for the lifetime of the stadium, so I have no doubt we will probably renew. However, there are fans who may have only bought their seat for 5 years which was the other option, so they will have a decision to make re:

a) the purchase of the seat
b) renewal of their season ticket

A double-whammy if you like.

As we stand, I am anticipating an increase on the season ticket, but the percentage of increase will surely be dependant on which division we are in.

The club may decide they want to encourage more companies to have seats and may not make some of the 5 year seats available - who knows?

Interesting 12-14 months for the 1901ers.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Maybe the price would have to come down if it was stretched to another 5 year deal, everyone was riding on the crest of a wave when stadium was first built, that 5 years included an exciting first season in new state of art stadium luxury surroundings top class football, knocking at the door of the premier league, when the renewals have to be made at the end of next season what's on offer now maybe people won't be willing to tie themselves into another 5 year deal

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In an ideal world we will be pushing for a spot in the Premier League and the Platinum price will be pushed through the roof to dissuade punters from renewing in that area. This area will then be made mostly corporate.

Not looking a likely scenario at the moment though.

From a personal point of view, I won't make a decision until much closer to the time when I know wtf is going on at the club, I may well just go for a regular season ticket if the club want to stitch me up in 1901:smile:

Good call re platinum members.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe the price would have to come down if it was stretched to another 5 year deal, everyone was riding on the crest of a wave when stadium was first built, that 5 years included an exciting first season in new state of art stadium luxury surroundings top class football, knocking at the door of the premier league, when the renewals have to be made at the end of next season what's on offer now maybe people won't be willing to tie themselves into another 5 year deal

If we have a mediocre couple of years (well this year already is likely to be), then unless we go up or challenge next year, the club will have to think through their pricing strategy very carefully.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If we have a mediocre couple of years (well this year already is likely to be), then unless we go up or challenge next year, the club will have to think through their pricing strategy very carefully.

Personally I think any supporter that commits himself-herself to a 5 year season ticket should be rewarded by the club for making that commitment

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When we are in league one i can see prices coming down for 1901.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I think any supporter that commits himself-herself to a 5 year season ticket should be rewarded by the club for making that commitment

Nice thought and I don't disagree, but I feel as a club we've moved away from that mentality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Talking of STHs wasn't there a wonderful great freebie from Uncle Dick when 5 people won a ST of life in some draw ?

I wonder if they were transferred from Withdean to the Amex......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'd be interested to know what the food is like in there ???

I once discussed hot dogs or a lack of in the Bupa and low and be hold...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Talking of STHs wasn't there a wonderful great freebie from Uncle Dick when 5 people won a ST of life in some draw ?

I wonder if they were transferred from Withdean to the Amex......

One of your very favouritest NSCers, someone you (wrongly) tried to evict from his first-class seat as we waited to leave Nottingham, has one such ticket.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Sold mine at the end of 2013/14 was a life time debenture, we were in the platinum lounge next to the boardroom.

We thought the food was poor and overpriced and the service even worse. Seats were great.

Have a better match day experience in the East Upper, the people who sat behind us sold after the first season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here