Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
baldock-011114-l229-2056659_478x359.jpg

Sam Baldock
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 2nd November 2014
by Paul Camillin
We felt we had done well to get back into the game, but the way we conceded was very disappointing."
Sam Baldock

Sam Baldock was a disappointed man - despite getting his first Albion goal in the 3-2 defeat at Bournemouth last night - but has told Seagulls fans to keep the faith as he has no doubt the team's results will turn.He told seagulls.co.uk, "It’s bitterly disappointing. The fact I scored is little or no consolation. We felt we had done well to get back into the game, but the way we conceded was very disappointing.
"I thought if it was anyone who was going to win, it was going to be us. The game started to open up and we were finding our dangerous players in dangerous positions.
"I felt if we could continue playing the way were playing, until the final whistle, then we’d have a good chance of winning the game.
"It was a different type of game because Bournemouth stopped us from playing and were a bit more industrious. The way we played we had to mix up our game a bit.
"We scored two goals from front men, which is pleasing, but at the minute it’s hard to look beyond the defeat and the manner of it."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Baldock says togetherness is now key as Albion look to climb the table, and move away from the foot of the Championship."I've got no doubts that it’s going to come good. It's not time for cracks to start appearing; we're only going to get through this together.
"We've got to be strong as a team and as a unit, and there’s no time for us to dwell on the game too long. It’s in the past; we'll be disappointed on the bus but we'll be back in training tomorrow and preparing for the next one.
"We've got to keep going and keep believing in what we're doing and keep understanding each other. Relationships are getting stronger on the pitch with every game and we can't afford to be too disheartened.
"Wigan will offer a very different type of opposition on Tuesday and we've got to put this behind us and look forward to it as soon as we can."
Meanwhile Baldock says Albion cannot have any complaints about their position in the league.
"We've had a lot of games that we've not won and been the dominant team, but that’s no consolation to the fact that we have only picked up one point or no points.
"There's only so long you can say we are in a false position. If you're not picking up the victories then you can’t be complaining."
[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h] TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h] saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h] SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here