Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What were Hyppia's match stats at Leverkusen (when in 'sole' charge).

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Come on, can someone good on the World Wide Web find out?
Games, wins, draw, loss.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It was posted last week I think. Terrible record when sole manager there.

This is why the appointment left me confused, just did and do not get it. Unless as alluded to on here by someone else he was 5th choice as previous 4 before him wanted more control or more money.

He needs to go, a win v Wigan or Blackburn will probably prolong the inevitable though.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It was ok

In sole charge
Managed 41
Won 21
Lost 16
Drew 4
Win % 51%

He had a very good 1st part to the season. 2nd at the turn of the year.
They then went on a crazy run of 1 wins in 12 which included 6 defeats in final 9 games in charge. His tactics worked for a time but he could not turn things around when he lost key players to the system

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It was ok

In sole charge
Managed 41
Won 21
Lost 16
Drew 4
Win % 51%

They then went on a crazy run of 1 wins in 12 which included 6 defeats in final 9 games in charge. His tactics worked for a time but he could not turn things around when he lost key players to the system

I thought his sidekick left him halfway through that run?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
His record so far in 2014 for League Games is
LWWLLLLDLLLWDL (Leverkusen) LLWWDLLDDDDLDDL (Albion)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Played 29
Won 5
Drawn 9
Lost 15
Points 24

0.82 points per game.

Blimey.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I made this point last night. He was sacked after 1 win in 13 games in Germany, now it's 0 in 12 here, he'll be feeling the heat and probably doubting his own ability, he's only human. Nathan Jones owes no personal loyalty to Sami and could get the caretaker gig. Even a couple of wins would be papering over the cracks.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It was ok

In sole charge
Managed 41
Won 21
Lost 16
Drew 4
Win % 51%

Was that key player Gary Gardner?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sami last night:

"We need three points in the table. I am responsible for the results and if we don't get them then something needs to change.
"I can't do anything more than my best, I try to do everything I can to coach the team and my team is working very hard. That is the only thing you can do.
"It is very difficult to get something from the game if you keep conceding easy goals. I can't blame the effort of the players."

Different interpretations can be applied.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sami last night:

"We need three points in the table. I am responsible for the results and if we don't get them then something needs to change.
"I can't do anything more than my best, I try to do everything I can to coach the team and my team is working very hard. That is the only thing you can do.
"It is very difficult to get something from the game if you keep conceding easy goals. I can't blame the effort of the players."

Different interpretations can be applied.

Maybe it is slowly sinking in that he needs to change the tactics?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

isnt this including 2 champions league defeats (to PSG) and not including the league cup wins? i know doesnt change the theme, but find it odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here