Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: TOO EASY FOR BOURNEMOUTH

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia’s frustration continued tonight, after a 3-2 defeat at Bournemouth left him and his team empty handed.Hyypia and Albion could easily argue they deserved more from a good attacking performance – as Adrian Colunga and Sam Baldock both scored their first Championship goals – but were left to rue three defensive lapses which ultimately cost them.
The Albion manager – who felt his side made it too easy for Bournemouth – told seagulls.co.uk, “Overall we are not playing that badly and we deserve a little bit more than we have from the season so far – but we can’t keep making these mistakes or errors and think we can score four goals to win a game.
“We conceded three easy goals, and that has been the story of the season. We are creating chances – often more than the opponents – but we are not putting the ball in the back of the net.
“In our own half of the pitch the opposition seem to be very effective in their game and that has been the case in too many games.
“Credit to Bournemouth, they tried to play a good game, they have a good team and dangerous players upfront who can hurt you – but I think we made it too easy for them.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion’s fight and desire was clear to see. The team twice fought back from behind, but it was a late penalty – conceded by Lewis Dunk, and converted by Yann Kermorgant – which gave the Cherries maximum points.Hyypia continued, “You cannot fault the effort of the players. They fought the whole game and managed to get back to 2-2. At that point I thought that there would only be one winner and then came the penalty.
“That happens sometimes. Dunky has been brilliant all season long, but it was a penalty. When you go down in the area to challenge then you have to be 100% certain that you get the ball.
“However, I’m very happy with how he has done this season, and he shouldn’t be feeling too bad, because these things happen in football.”
Hyypia also took time to praise striker Sam Baldock after he got his first goal for the club, to level the scores at 2-2, and is backing him to take that form forward.
“Sam needed this goal and hopefully now he’ll score some goals in the games to come. He’s been working hard off the ball, and he’s grafted for this goal so I’m happy that he’s got off the mark.”
[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here