Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
We had won and lost and drawn the last eight games then I would have thought that tonight's performamce was OK. I'm confused, I don't think Hyypia is doing a good job but at the same time I can see that we don't have the quality players that we had in the last two seasons. But, tonight made me think that actually we're not that bad, and would a change of manager at this point in the season be beneficial?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The table doesn't lie mate.

Last win was in Aug. 12 games without a win. First time we scored two goals in 8 games.

The facts are all there to see. It's not good enough end off.

By the way "IF" is a Beautiful South song which i doubt many would have ever heard off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Last win was in Aug. 12 games without a win. First time we scored two goals in 8 games.

By the way "IF" is a Beautiful South song which i doubt many would have ever heard off.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And iffy is our league position.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

The table does lie, the saying that it doesn't is a cliche. If you look at the table we are a few wins away from mid to upper mid table and then a few from play offs. So the table in the Championship isn't an easy to read beast.

The fact I think you're alluding to is that we haven't own, we've lost and drawn too many, but haven't won. If we can't string together 12 points out of the next 18 available we're not in a bad place, if we don't then I'm inclined to agree on a change.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The table does lie, the saying that it doesn't is a cliche. If you look at the table we are a few wins away from mid to upper mid table and then a few from play offs. So the table in the Championship isn't an easy to read beast.

The fact I think you're alluding to is that we haven't own, we've lost and drawn too many, but haven't won. If we can't string together 12 points out of the next 18 available we're not in a bad place, if we don't then I'm inclined to agree on a change.
But we are not winning, and don't look likely to.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The only IF that counts is this..............IF this win less run continues we will let the rot set in and that will just not do.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Many teams have turned their seasons around from our starting position we find ourselves in now and

IF

that happens we will be ok.....further

IF

that happens and this season ends say 20 games unbeaten i will be wetting myself with excitement for the next year..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We had won and lost and drawn the last eight games then I would have thought that tonight's performamce was OK. I'm confused, I don't think Hyypia is doing a good job but at the same time I can see that we don't have the quality players that we had in the last two seasons. But, tonight made me think that actually we're not that bad, and would a change of manager at this point in the season be beneficial?

IF Hyppia played our fullbacks in their traditional roles, and allowed our width to come from our wide midfielders - we might be doing better than we are.

As it is, he is outright refusing to try anything different tactically, and it is not working. If he set us up like last season or the season before and we are still losing, then fair do's perhaps the squad isn't up to it. But he is sticking rigidly to a system I just can't see working in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here