Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honestly who's shoes would you rather be in, ours or BMouths

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Our position isn't great but we have the fantastic stadium, fantastic training ground, fantastic support at the moment, we can weather the storm much better than Bournemouth can. This run of results will just make us stronger, we need to experience the bad times, wait until that first win comes, it will be the best feeling all season.

When the shit hits the fan at Bournemouth I don't think they have the background resources to absorb it in my opinion, and it's OK whilst they might have someone prepared to fund the current set up but like everyone other club they will hit their ceiling not unless they get to the premiership, but after that where is their future. Just my opinion, good luck to Bournemouth.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Our position isn't great but we have the fantastic stadium, fantastic training ground, fantastic support at the moment, we can weather the storm much better than Bournemouth can. This run of results will just make us stronger, we need to experience the bad times, wait until that first win comes, it will be the best feeling all season.

When the shit hits the fan at Bournemouth I don't think they have the background resources to absorb it in my opinion, and it's OK whilst they might have someone prepared to fund the current set up but like everyone other club they will hit their ceiling not unless they get to the premiership, but after that where is their future. Just my opinion, good luck to Bournemouth.
T
Either you don't appreciate irony or, more likely, you are just............:fishing:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was thinking this and was going to post it during the game but it would have looked like sour grapes.
Bournemouth have a good manager but only seems to be able to do it at Bournemouth, but has made some great signings and managed to sell good players for better ones something we have failed to do.
They play good football and have goals written all over them and a rich chairman.
But the whole club is Noddy from top to bottom.
So Noddy that the game tonight was their derby. Every time they play us they try to kick lumps out and I think Elphick and Cook got a bit carried away this evening along with the rest of the team and because of that they put in a poor performance.
The fans are league 1 at best, so is the ground. Stupid homophobic songs right from the start by what sounded like kids.
We are in a bad place right now, the Amex is like a morgue the pies are too expensive and the beer is warm but give me BHA at the moment over what Bournemouth have at the moment any time.
They remind me of Yeovil but the difference is that Bournemouth have hit a purple patch.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

What is the point in comparing us with Bournemouth and having a swipe at them? Why don't you be gracious in defeat eh? The Cherries have had some real shit years like us and they deserve some good fortune. Good luck to them.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I'd rather be watching our team win at the moment.

Footballs entertainment, nothing more. And watching my team win is much more entertaining than looking at the amex and training ground.

So as it currently stands, I'd rather be in their shoes.

It's a bit like having an Aston Martin with a 1.6 Diesel engine in it. Lovely to look at, but boring as hell.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Sound observations, your best post I've seen to date.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
What is the point in comparing us with Bournemouth and having a swipe at them? Why don't you be gracious in defeat eh? The Cherries have had some real shit years like us and they deserve some good fortune. Good luck to them.

Thanks Spence. I think some chill out time is needed by a few here. Going to matches around the country Brighton fans have always seemed knowledgeable and a good laugh - south coast teams in it together and all that. Christ we've both had some shite times and we are both in a much better position than we were ten years ago.

Yes we've got lucky with the Russian, but we are a long way from your level of facilities and support and we all recognise that. We should be able to get to a 15k level with a bit of expansion of the ground and continuing improvement on the pitch. We'll see how it goes - it's going to be a long and winding road, but bloody more exciting than the last ones!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This does sounds like sour grapes coming so soon off the back of a defeat. Why make the comparison anyway but since you ask...

They have won five on the hoof and are second in the league so I guess I would rather be in Bournemouth's shoes right now.

D

Deleted member 22389

My post is a comparison to say it's not that bad. I think we can pull out of this.
If we didn't have the stadium it would certainly feel like we where heading for relegation. I feel the club and the supporters have come to far to go down. Who knows we might finish up better than we all expected.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm sorry. I really don't like to be contrary but can we please not go down the path of thinking we have some right or position in football's pecking order by virtue of our having a nice, shiny stadium? Back in the days when we played in a skip we used to get pretty vexed at other teams asserting their superiority because of the size of their ground or fan base. I'd hate to think that we were starting to play that game.

The reason we turn out each week to watch this game is that football is a meritocracy. Bournemouth may have a smaller ground, less season ticket holders and restrictions on how far they can expand at their current site but right now they are playing good stuff, scoring goals and WINNING. That is what it is all about so good luck to them and their fans.

We need to get over ourselves. We are not too big to go down. Big doesn't even enter into it.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I'm sorry. I really don't like to be contrary but can we please not go down the path of thinking we have some right or position in football's pecking order by virtue of our having a nice, shiny stadium? Back in the days when we played in a skip we used to get pretty vexed at other teams asserting their superiority because of the size of their ground or fan base. I'd hate to think that we were starting to play that game.

The reason we turn out each week to watch this game is that football is a meritocracy. Bournemouth may have a smaller ground, less season ticket holders and restrictions on how far they can expand at their current site but right now they are playing good stuff, scoring goals and WINNING. That is what it is all about so good luck to them and their fans.

We need to get over ourselves. We are not too big to go down. Big doesn't even enter into it.

Sums it up perfectly

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Excellent response. I loathe how some bang this stadium/traing facility drum like we're superior to teams who outperform us. All credit to B'muff and others like them (most) I know who I'd prefer to be right now

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Excellent response. I loathe how some bang this stadium/traing facility drum like we're superior to teams who outperform us. All credit to B'muff and others like them (most) I know who I'd prefer to be right now

Its interesting when we compare ourselves to Bournemouth, yep, our ground and training facilities are fantastic, but, is the cost of maintaining and operating these facilities becoming unsustainable? Particularly now we have hit a dodgy patch.

Bournemouth, with their modest ground, don't appear to have these operational problems, plus, of course their player recruitment has been excellent since Eddie Howes return.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Their owner has certainly put some serious money into the squad and they've spent that money well. Fair play to them as I think they will make the play-offs this season.

Our attendances, training ground and stadium give us a good chance of being successful in the future but only if serious investment is made into the playing squad.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here