Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In my book Sami STAYS...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's a riveting read, ahem, but in light of the tide of repetitive trash paper back like 'friction' ha ha aha ha herein I wanted to read something different; even if I had to sodding pen it myself!

"A man at the end of need, a man wandering without hope, without a prayer... a man who finds the courage to fight! the courage to battle and claim victory when all the world and the Gods had seemed pitted against him..."

I'd like to keep the faith, so Sami it's over to you and the boys!

Albion

Kosh

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
They've got to keep repeating the positives from today every game Kosh. Maybe, just maybe we will get to January with enough points, make a few changes and push on. I think Sami learned something today.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm all for keeping a manager in a job to give him the chance to turn things around when it's not going well, to try and get on the training ground and get things going. Sami isn't doing that, not from what we can see. We're still playing this full backs are wingers formation, the striker is even more abandoned that last season and the midfielders are so confused about whether they're full backs or meant to be supporting the striker. This problem doesn't seem to have been addressed either by Sami himself with the tactics or David Burke signing the type of players that Sami would need for this system. Whether that's fair criticism of Burke, considering these tactics are fundamentally flawed and a little bit bloody stupid, or not is another matter. Personally, I don't blame Burke. Or Barber. I blame Sami for his patent misuse of the players in our squad.

Also, someone in another thread said that this a poor Brighton squad. Whoever that was, you're a moron. This is one of the best squads in the last decade, even just being established in the Championship means it's a better squad. I would rate this squad below the 2012/2013, which was just outstanding, and below the 2010/2011 title winning squad, but better than last season in terms of content.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sami could well indeed become a legend at this club. He isn't cracking up yet and he isn't blaming anyone. These wins will come.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
In moments of weakness I think he should go. But sometimes you can see what he wants the team to do, and it isn't so bad. The players we have do not merit measurement against those who have gone, but we still have that massive potential in our ground and training facility. We will not be in the play offs this time, and we will not go down. It's another rebuild, and one day soon that will lead us to games against Hull and Swansea and Stoke again. In the Premier League. Hope I'm still around to see us in the top division again.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree with all of the above: Today we were unfortunate to say the least, we must stay positive... Look what's happened at Newcastle for Gods sake! I like Sami, I reckon the players do too... fortune favours the brave and sooner or later we're going to destroy a team, I feel it and that time is coming soon.

On the other hand, I too am frustrated by Sami and his tactical inflexibility, but I do admire his sticking to his guns/principles and YES he surely has learned something from today.

Let's not give up, I have faith that Sami and the lads can turn this round and provide some superb results this season.

I don't want to get bogged down in B, B & B; I'm about the fricking results on the pitch and this IS a squad (especially as of tonight) that can turn this into a wholly positive season.

The available alternatives to Sami are not an option I would relish, and you know what? I'm utterly SICK to death of changing manager every few months or so.

Kosh

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Unfortunately he doesn't seem to possess the fear factor that all good managers have. Too many mistakes in a game. For once we looked decent going forward but 3 individual mistakes cost us the game . You can say that the manager wasn't at fault but I'm sorry, he is. A lack of passion, and motivational ability.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here