Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Found a cat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Crying outside a church in Balham High Road this morning.

No collar and very small, so I assumed a Kitten. Went into the church and a woman in there had a device to scan the chip. Are they actually as small as a key fob ?

Anyway - went to see the vicar, who was aware of the cat hanging around and pointed me towards Du Cane Court a locally famous art deco building containing many flats. The porter in there was aware of the cat, but was certain no one inside owned it.

It's just been hanging around for a while.

Everyone seems to think its actually a small cat, but it's so daft I'm convinced it's quite young.

Put some notices up inside both buildings and took it home. Must have a home, bought some cat litter and it knew exactly what to do.

So somewhat ruined my plans today, but here it is.

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,047

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Awwwwwwwwwhhhhh little'un!!!!

Hope tiny is reunited with mummy and daddy!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is that a vampire cat?

Well actually it might be. Was going to post it does like a bite. Did something tonight I've never had a cat do.

Jumps up on me to sit down (it's very friendly) but then proceeds to bite my arm. Not in a get off me type way, just dug it's teeth into my arm and held on.

Is that a kitten thing ? Or some general nasty inner city behaivour.

Already had a go at the sofa and I'm praying it's respectful of the oak flooring I'm just layed in the picture above :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Some cats get a bit carried away with their emotions and can bite. Are you on twitter? It's quite a powerful tool for things like this.

No but I've had a search to no avail. Will probably register later.

I'm quite used to cats (dogs, chickens, ducks and tortoises) barrel living down in Sussex growing up but never had one up here. Never had a cat take a chomp like that and er.. just hang on.

It's dropped off again.

Didn't quite get get the litter in time and helpfully p***** all over the floor in a bedroom :)

I'm not a huge fan of cats to be honest, since they kill the birds in my garden. This one appears quite comfortable inside the moment till I decide what to do.

I'll leave it a few days. If I don't get a call I'm off to the Vet to get it checked out and neutered, if it hasn't been already.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Crying outside a church in Balham High Road this morning.

No collar and very small, so I assumed a Kitten. Went into the church and a woman in there had a device to scan the chip. Are they actually as small as a key fob ?

Anyway - went to see the vicar, who was aware of the cat hanging around and pointed me towards Du Cane Court a locally famous art deco building containing many flats. The porter in there was aware of the cat, but was certain no one inside owned it.

It's just been hanging around for a while.

Everyone seems to think its actually a small cat, but it's so daft I'm convinced it's quite young.

Put some notices up inside both buildings and took it home. Must have a home, bought some cat litter and it knew exactly what to do.

So somewhat ruined my plans today, but here it is.

Well done for being a good Samaritan.

You might consider taking the moggy to a local Vet to double check the micro-chip. I recently found a dead cat that had been hit by a vehicle. I did not recognise the cat nor did it have an ID collar so took it to the local Vet who quickly found it was micro-chipped. They were able to identified the owner from their database and notify them. The Vet also disposed of the cat, rather than me having to. No charge, they were just happy to sort the situation out.

There are many feral cats around but from your description seems to be domesticated, so could be a well loved family pet that has wandered off-piste, as they are prone to do. Someone might be missing the aforesaid moggy and you could make their day by returning it.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
No but I've had a search to no avail. Will probably register later.

I'm quite used to cats (dogs, chickens, ducks and tortoises) barrel living down in Sussex growing up but never had one up here. Never had a cat take a chomp like that and er.. just hang on.

It's dropped off again.

Didn't quite get get the litter in time and helpfully p***** all over the floor in a bedroom :)

I'm not a huge fan of cats to be honest, since they kill the birds in my garden. This one appears quite comfortable inside the moment till I decide what to do.

I'll leave it a few days. If I don't get a call I'm off to the Vet to get it checked out and neutered, if it hasn't been already.

its adopted you
try looking on a national database for an owner........you could park it in a good rescue unless of coarse you want to keep him/her
do not take it to the RSPCA as they will send you a bill as they will automatically assume its your cat.
as for the catching birds .........you could if its young make it an indoor cat?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
its adopted you
try looking on a national database for an owner........you could park it in a good rescue unless of coarse you want to keep him/her
do not take it to the RSPCA as they will send you a bill as they will automatically assume its your cat.
as for the catching birds .........you could if its young make it an indoor cat?

I have no intention of owning it at the moment, I'll either found it's owner or find it a home.

I've always got Battersea Cats and Dogs home as an option too, not far away.

This has to be someones pet, probably lost. Took to the litter tray, like a er.. cat to a litter tray.

If it ends up here, I'll let it outside - but that's the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Busy week next week, so unless I get a phone call looks like got a companion for at least a few days.

Intrigued to know it's age. It's very playful, just had a fight with a one pound coin.

Eyes are bright and teeth very clean. It's quite thin and small, but my aunt has a cat like that - doesn't matter how much it eats.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have no intention of owning it at the moment, I'll either found it's owner or find it a home.

This has to be someones pet, probably lost. Took to the litter tray, like a er.. cat to a litter tray.

If it ends up here, I'll let it outside - but that's the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Busy week next week, so unless I get a phone call looks like got a companion for at least a few days.

Intrigued to know it's age. It's very playful, just had a fight with a one pound coin.

Eyes are bright and teeth very clean. It's quite thin and small, but my aunt has a cat like that - doesn't matter how much it eats.

Cats don't have owners they have staff :p

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

well done
and thankyou for caring .....it does sound and look like a young cat
all of ours were thin until they reached middle age
it also does look and sound like he/she has been looked after well up until they got lost
might be an idea to look carefully for a shaved mark this would show it was a female that has just been neutered....if its a boy you will know by the smell if its not been done .......or there will be an obvious absence at the back
good luck

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Good on you mate!!! The biting thing is probably just a bit of fear, new surroundings and all that. Hopefully you'll be reuniting it with its probably upset family in no time, or if not you've got a brilliant addition to the family!!!!

Word to the wise though, please don't take it to the RSPCA, they're inundated and they've got a hideous policy of destroying cats and dogs that they are unlikely to re home. Not a fan of them at all, but Google celia hammond or cats protection league and they might be able to help. But [MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION] is probably more in the know than me!!!!

One things for sure though, he's a handsome little fella, makes me miss my baby, she's being looked after for me at the moment, and every day she's not with me breaks my heart!!

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well no phone call and it's still here.

Also first day it was left alone.

I'm very much in the let it out and do his thing camp, but obviously I can't let it at the mo and let it get lost again.

Very agitated over the weekend over everything going on outside.

Must be a kitten since all it wants to do is play, noticed (after getting home) it's currently into destroying carboard boxes. So I've built an activity/destruction area in the kitchen.

Is very much into the cat string thing. Filled a sock with cat treats, nope - just wants the string.

Had a bit of an accident in the hall this morning :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here