Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The bigger picture?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Get a manager in who he knows won't cut it.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bloom might want out but im pretty sure hed rather be selling it as a top end Championship assett than a div 1 bankruptcy candidate. Plus there was always a chance Hyppia might have done well which would have screwed the plan.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Interesting, I would say no for 2 reasons:

1. Hypia looked decent on paper, and most on here thought the same.

2. He has been backed, to a certain extent, in the transfer market, esp with these latest 2 loans which I'd imagine aren't on cheap wages.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Pitched to me this afternoon by someone not dyed in the wool Albion but clued up on footballing matters

Bloom wants out.

Shit storm ensues, with a number of supporters directly having a pop at Bloom and Barber.

Bloom says enough is enough and with two concrete assets, stadium and training ground, sells out to a foreign investor, possibly with the Amex link from America.

After all we've been through I hope he wouldn't resort to that, but clearly something's not right.

Can't believe that bloom not a quitter things will be sorted mistakes have been made remember bloom still new to this game so will learn from this and make things right whatever that entails.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Bloom wants out.

part of this makes no sense.

if you're planning on selling your asset, you would go out of your way to maximise its value - even if just artificially for the short term

surely, it would've been better - if selling - to have ripped up the FFP approach, bought big, got the team close to promotion spots and then sold with the club looking viable for promotion.

not saying he won't sell. but I can't see how Hyypia forms part of the plan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps if TB wasn't having to stomach all the sniping and snide remarks, after building exactly what we wanted, he might not want out.

If I were him I'd definitely be saying well f*** off then, you ingrates.
The only difference is I wouldn't be selling up, I'd just put a feckin great big padlock on the front door.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Bloom wants out.

I'd go right along with that.

btw, last week, someone who's not involved at NASA but really likes astronomy told me that the Americans didn't really land on the moon, it was all faked just to put one over the Russians.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bloom wants out.

Hmmm......personally I think that's a conspiracy theory too far. Have to agree with the last four words, though.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Bloom wants out.

On the other hand it could just be a case of someone trying to stir up some anti Bloom and Barber feelings because they are no longer part of an inner circle and treated like a special fan? Who knows what goes on?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont agree completely but Lenny has his ears to the ground and is usually fairly near to the point. I think TB could be thinking that owning BHA is an expensive hobby and would like to cut his losses.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Makes about as much sense as one of The Truth's posts.

Apply even the slightest bit of logic (as several response have so far) and the argument falls apart.

2nd Yellow

Jun 17, 2011
Worthing
Agree with others above, this makes zero sense.

If I'm looking to sell my house, I decorate it first, change the carpets and generally make sure everything is as good as it could be. I don't smash the place up with a sledge hammer and leave the appliances in an unsafe condition.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
Another loss, but I can still see us turning things around, good to see the strikers off the mark and before this game we only had 5 points less than we had last season so there's still time. Hyypia needs time and I think he will get it right in the end, we've not been battered by any team most have been by a 1 goal margin. UTA

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Agree with others above, this makes zero sense.

If I'm looking to sell my house, I decorate it first, change the carpets and generally make sure everything is as good as it could be. I don't smash the place up with a sledge hammer and leave the appliances in an unsafe condition.
I just slap lots of magnolia round mine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here