Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who was the best home grown centre half tonight?

Well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Elphick was pretty solid, Dunk played alright as well (apart from the penalty).

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Dunk is a clown. I said when Cook played at stoke the other year that this lad is good, 10 times better than lanky Dunk.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Another pointless thread, when those 2 were with us we had 3 if not 4 better centre halfs ahead of them.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Lewis Dunk played behind a midfield that were more prepared to lose the ball more than Bournemouths! We were creative aswell though! Obvious areas for the management to address you hope!!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Neither Cook or Elphick would be regulars in our side over Dunk and Greer.

I didn't think elphick was up to much at all when he was with us.....he has definitely improved a great deal and I would love to see him playing in front of greer week in week out

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dunk is a clown. I said when Cook played at stoke the other year that this lad is good, 10 times better than lanky Dunk.

Now I'm convinced this is a spoof account. If you genuinely believe that Dunk wasn't our best signing this season (by giving him a 4 year deal) then you really haven't a clue. Plenty of people saw the wisdom in that new deal the minute he signed it, not just in retrospect of what he's done so far this season.

Another pointless thread, when those 2 were with us we had 3 if not 4 better centre halfs ahead of them.

Neither Cook or Elphick would be regulars in our side over Dunk and Greer.

Exactly these ^. Both good players, and I wish them every success, but it was the right decision for both players and the club for them to go when they did.

D

Deleted member 2719

I said it at the time we should have kept cook and elphick both were improving and we let them go cos someone didn't find them continental enough.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I said it at the time we should have kept cook and elphick both were improving and we let them go cos someone didn't find them continental enough.

So you think the players themselves were happy to stay and warm the bench? They have a say in matters as well.

It's a two way thing isn't it, no point keeping players against their will. Yes, both players loved Brighton, but they've also got a career to think about. Cook in particular I know for a fact got a very good deal, too good to turn down really. Tommy was desperate for first team football again, having been out for a long time due to injury. Both moves made perfect sense.

Time to move on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both Elphick and Cook are old fashioned stopper centre backs, win the ball and then a big kick forward neither has the ball skill of either Dunk or Greer to play the ball from the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here