Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Both goalscorers subbed

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
Just trying to understand this not that I know any better than the management but surely this is abit strange with a frontline struggling for confidence

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I don't understand what Hyypia done there and it made us weaker, with Baldock, Tex and Colunga I thought we always looked dangerous.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maybe he had one eye on Tuesday night. Besides the team put in a hard shift at Spurs during the week.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just posted the same thing on another thread. Yet another example of why the Finn is Fin

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't understand what Hyypia done there and it made us weaker, with Baldock, Tex and Colunga I thought we always looked dangerous.

Felt the same way. Colunga is a very intelligent player, whilst Baldock looked up for it.

Hard for CMS to get into the game. Tex was shattered from 60 mins onwards

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They were like-for-like(ish) substitutions. He wanted to give a fresh Lualua and CMS a chance to run at a tiring Bournemouth defence. I think they made one such run each - one led to a free kick and a booking, the other led to a dangerous cross that needed a better reaction from team mates. Didn't work out as well as planned, but the idea behind it was fine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They were like-for-like(ish) substitutions. He wanted to give a fresh Lualua and CMS a chance to run at a tiring Bournemouth defence. I think they made one such run each - one led to a free kick and a booking, the other led to a dangerous cross that needed a better reaction from team mates. Didn't work out as well as planned, but the idea behind it was fine.

Tex had gone at 60 mins and you could have replaced Gardner or Holla at any point.

I would say both Colunga and Baldock are more clever/canny players than CMS or KLL, and make more clever runs, whereas CMS is a straight line runner in my mind. Baldock looked like he was fired up when he was withdrawn.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I couldn't understand the Colunga substitution, as he'd looked dangerous for most of the game, whereas Tex, other than the pass for Colunga's goal, looked hesitant and unsure what to do throughout the game, and I therefore would have brought him off and put Colunga into his role. The Sky summariser was puzzled several times as to why he didn't shoot or pass. I must say I thought it was Colunga's best game for us, as apart from the Swindon game, he's done nothing for me up to now. Although they both scored, he looks too similar to Baldock for me. Perhaps one of them could link up with CMS, who has looked hungry in his two short appearances, though I think the need for a large, mobile striker is clear.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thought the first substitution was OK, bringing on Lua Lua to run at a tiring defence. After all, that's what many of us have been advocating for most of the season. The like-for-like CMS for Baldock swap I didn't get - I was hoping he'd put on Paddy for Gardner for the last 15 minutes.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

That eXplains it ,one I could understand but both when you are chasing the game as said I know no better ,but can't believe any manager worth his sort would have done that with frontline needing confidence

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yep, I was puzzled as everyone else about the subs.
The two strikers had been given a massive fillip having scored and would have been keen to get another.
Thought Paddy should have been brought on at some time but realise the unfortunate Hughes injury affected our subbing later in the game.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Both Kaz & Calde put a cross in that any Sunday League striker would have buried from 6 out, centre of goal

Basic coaching, team familiararity and training ground intelligence!Foe example, If the coaches ask the 2 forwards to attack front and back posts then this sort of cross is no good! Playing like strangers! These crosses would have been meat and drink for a target man, but we sold him and replaced him with a Div. 1 option!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here