Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Breaking News* Coca Cola Truck Coming To Burgess Hill For Christmas

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Exciting times ladies and gentlemen as we can finally reveal that the Coca Cola Truck is returning to Burgess Hill this Christmas.

On Saturday 20th December, the Marketplace Shopping Centre will be playing host with the truck being located in Waitrose car park from midday until 8pm.

The truck last came to town in November 2012 when it parked up at Tesco. It caused absolute BEDLAM with traffic jammed in all directions as people sought to get a picture with the famous truck and to grab a 150ml free can of fizzy!

gorillacoketruck01.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How commercially vile is that.

What has coca-cola to do with Christmas or has it commercially hi-jacked it like most other companies these days.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

What has coca-cola to do with Christmas or has it commercially hi-jacked it like most other companies these days.

There'll be a queue of several hundred people getting their free (tiny) cans of coke. I will be avoiding the town centre.........

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Its more that the coca-cola Christmas advert, featuring the truck, along with the "Holidays are coming" song is a cult thing for Christmas - and it isnt really the start of the festive period until the advert is shown......along with the Toys R Us advert (BOO!).

Lets be honest, near enough everything is commercial nowadays - Halloween yesterday being a big example.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton

Back in the day father xmas actually wore green and white, Coca Cola started to use father Xmas for advertising and changed the colour of his coat etc to their corporate colours - red and white.

So in answer to your question Coca-Cola are what made father Xmas known for world wide - Red + white coat, hat etc and what he is today - that's what they have to do with Xmas.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Coca Cola is more or less responsible for the modern American Santa, thanks to one man, illustrator and commercial artist Haddon Sundblom.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Coca Cola is more or less responsible for the modern American Santa, thanks to one man, illustrator and commercial artist Haddon Sundblom.

Really, I'll buy all my presents in the coca-cola store this year and really impress my family and friends.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here