Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contract Renewals

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Been thinking about players with contracts due to expire next summer. Arguably it could influence line ups now and Loans/jan activity. I've been through Google and can see the following players are out of contract end of jun 15. Obviously what I've found might not be accurate so don't shoot me down too much, and if you know better then please share! And some of these might have extension clauses...

CMS
Bruno
Agustein
Greer
Calderon
Caskey

Clearly another summer of transition wouldn't be great so what would you do? Some money to be made in Jan sales before contracts expire? And who gets a new offer? Who would you do nothing with and let them go? (Unless he gets game time, think we all know the answer to that one = kg)

Cms feels like we should get so something for him in Jan if we're not planning offer a new contract, and we need to strengthen in this area anyway. Bruno I like but does pick up injuries. You would think one of Bruno or Calde would get a contract, and Calde has achieved club legend status in many eyes. I can see the club further investing in Caskey so expect them to offer a new contract. And I think we'll keep Greer as Hughes will go but would look to bring in someone to challenge Greer for a spot alongside dunk.

I'm no expert (leave that to Burke ???) - I just thought the club must be thinking about these things with Jan round the corner......

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Been thinking about players with contracts due to expire next summer. Arguably it could influence line ups now and Loans/jan activity. I've been through Google and can see the following players are out of contract end of jun 15. Obviously what I've found might not be accurate so don't shoot me down too much, and if you know better then please share! And some of these might have extension clauses...

CMS
Bruno
Agustein
Greer
Calderon
Caskey

Clearly another summer of transition wouldn't be great so what would you do? Some money to be made in Jan sales before contracts expire? And who gets a new offer? Who would you do nothing with and let them go? (Unless he gets game time, think we all know the answer to that one = kg)

Cms feels like we should get so something for him in Jan if we're not planning offer a new contract, and we need to strengthen in this area anyway. Bruno I like but does pick up injuries. You would think one of Bruno or Calde would get a contract, and Calde has achieved club legend status in many eyes. I can see the club further investing in Caskey so expect them to offer a new contract. And I think we'll keep Greer as Hughes will go but would look to bring in someone to challenge Greer for a spot alongside dunk.

I'm no expert (leave that to Burke ???) - I just thought the club must be thinking about these things with Jan round the corner......

Think there was a full listing of all contact lengths posted here somewhere, maybe someone can post a link?

Im pretty sure jfc signed a 4 year extension in the summer. The rumours of him being part of the Nike contact and playing every game are just speculation!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
GOALKEEPERS
David Stockdale June 30 2017
Casper Ankergren June 30 2015
Christian Walton June 30 2018

DEFENDERS
Bruno Saltor June 30 2015
Inigo Calderon June 30 2015
Gordon Greer June 30 2015
Aaron Hughes June 30 2015
Lewis Dunk June 30 2018
Vitalijs Maksimenko (On season-long loan at VVV-Venlo) June 30 2015
Adam Chicksen June 30 2016
Joe Bennett Season-long loan

MIDFIELDERS
Rohan Ince June 30 2016
Nzuzi Toko June 30 2017
Danny Holla June 30 2017
Kemy Agustien June 30 2015
Jake Forster-Caskey June 30 2017
Andrew Crofts June 30 2016
Dale Stephens June 30 2017
Gary Gardner Loan until January 1 2015
Joao Teixeira Season-long loan
Solomon March June 30 2018
Paddy McCourt June 30 2015 (club has 1-Yr option?)

FORWARDS
Sam Baldock June 30 2018
Adrian Colunga June 30 2016
Shamir Fenelon June 30 2015
Kazenga LuaLua June 30 2015
Craig Mackail-Smith June 30 2015
Chris O'Grady June 30 2017

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
Emil Asmundsson (MF) June 30 2015
Bradley Barry (FB) June 30 2015?
George Cole (MF) June 30 2015
Tom Dallison (CB) June 30 2015
Jason Davis (FW) June 30 2015?
Rob Deen (MF) June 30 2015?
Harry Doherty (GK) June 30 2015
Charlie Harris (MF) June 30 2015?
Rob Hunt (LB) June 30 2015?
Chike Kandi (FW) June 30 2016
Jeffrey Monakana (WG) (On loan at Aberdeen until January 5 2015) June 30 2015
Jimmy Muitt (FW) June 30 2015?
Daniel Pappoe (CB) June 30 2015
Glen Rea (CB) June 30 2015?
Josh Smith (GK) June 30 2016
Jesse Starkey (MF) June 30 2015
Cameron Wiltshire (GK) June 30 2015

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Lua lua interesting one.....surely club would offer extension

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Toko on a 3 year deal is a worry. Complete waste of wages if he's not gonna get a look in. He must look shocking in training not to get a chance given the current results.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Lua lua interesting one.....surely club would offer extension

If I remember correctly the club exercised an additional one year option at the end of last season. I'd hope we're keeping him on, I can be critical of him at times but he's an exciting player and very good in the last half hour of a match.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
interesting to see that there are only 2 defenders
with contracts beyond the end of the season.
We have to remember there are two sides to every deal
the players might not want to sign an extension.
Would Lua Lua? I doubt it.
Failure on the pitch has a momentum

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
LuaLua will go in Jan, as will CMS

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Seeing as Calde is getting near the end of his playing days and Bruno seems injury prone and coming to the end of his time, i hope Elliott does well and maybe signs at the end of the season to replace. Lua Lua we need to keep.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

CMS
Bruno
Agustein
Greer
Calderon
Caskey

Why would you go to all that trouble when you could have just clicked on this page, on this very messageboard? - Albion players' contract durations

Bookmark it, and refer to it as often as you wish; it will be kept up-to-date.

You're welcome.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
At the end of the day it's about value for money.

If Kaz and CMS are taking up large wages I'd happily let them go.

For all Kaz's ability and occasional 30 min cameos he is poor as often as he is excellent.

Over the past few seasons the reoccurring issue the team has had is individual inconsistency, Kaz, Buckley, Orlandi, David the list goes on. Can't help feeling the sides that go up from this league have players that arguably aren't as good as the ones we've had but put in a performance week in and week out. Players like Vokes, Hammnond etc that people on here would critise for not being good enough yet have been involved in promotion sides.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here