Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back him or sack him

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If rumours are correct it is looking like we are taking the back him route

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I would just like somebody to pick him up & shake him.Play to your strengths.

If you don't conceed a goal you don't lose.with his system the team is very open yet don't like like scoring

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On what basis did a Guardian journo on The Football Weekly podcast state:-

'Hyypia is under extreme pressure at Brighton'.

We can fairly safely say:-

He's not been to any games.
The club have not said anything to the press, either way.
The fans haven't been 'banner protesting'.

So he's either just cast an eye over the table, or god forbid here, and decide the level of pressure Sami is under, solely based on everybody else sacking their managers.

Dec 29, 2011

So he's either just cast an eye over the table, or god forbid here, and decide the level of pressure Sami is under, solely based on everybody else sacking their managers.

He is under pressure. You don't think he's under pressure?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I will continue to back him.
I do not believe in constant manager changes, this season may be a dud, but I don't think we will be relegated, his football may not be the most attractive, but I think we should give him a full season and judge him this time next season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Final throw of the dice in support of him?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No you're right. Having gone 11 games without a win and now being live on TV against a side that scored eight the other week, with criticism not just on here but twitter, blogs and various facebook groups, with Bennett and Stockdale contradicting each other about how far they are behind him in the Rotherham post match interview I'd imagine he's under no pressure at all. None whatsoever.

Besides, every chairman publicly states their coach has one game to save their job don't they? Oh, hang on, no, it's just that crackpot at Leeds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is under pressure. You don't think he's under pressure?

No you're right. Having gone 11 games without a win and now being live on TV against a side that scored eight the other week, with criticism not just on here but twitter, blogs and various facebook groups, with Bennett and Stockdale contradicting each other about how far they are behind him in the Rotherham post match interview I'd imagine he's under no pressure at all. None whatsoever.

Besides, every chairman publicly states their coach has one game to save their job don't they? Oh, hang on, no, it's just that crackpot at Leeds.
Every manager is under pressure, that's just the nature of the job.
My point is with nothing else to go on how has journo decided the level of pressure.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Final throw of the dice in support of him?

Probably but I guess it's only fair to give him a couple of more players to see if he can turn it around, If he doesn't then nobody can say he wasn't given a chance. I still think the key to it is trying some new tactics even if it means going a bit more defensive and making us harder to score against.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Probably but I guess it's only fair to give him a couple of more players to see if he can turn it around, If he doesn't then nobody can say he wasn't given a chance. I still think the key to it is trying some new tactics even if it means going a bit more defensive and making us harder to score against.

Everyone can see the defensive deficiencies in his tactics, apart from the man himself. Is he open to changing them ? That is the question

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Everyone can see the defensive deficiencies in his tactics, apart from the man himself. Is he open to changing them ? That is the question

Given the position he played and the success that team had, it beggars belief that he can't see that we simply don't have the quality of players required to play his system. Very few teams do. And yet, still he persists with one system. Not only that, he persists in wanting to play rotation, rather than finding his best 11 and filling in for injuries/suspensions.

I find it truly bizarre, if I'm honest. One would have expected a defender turned manager to start with ensuring a clean sheet as step 1; but no. I'm lost.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Y
He did v Spurs.

We are either drawing or losing by the odd goal.
The other team get paid too.

The point I was clumsily making earlier is, for all we know TB might be just like the rest of NSC after Bolton.
He might be thinking 'this is the manager for me'.
I need to get him a striker and then Sami is set for life'.
Granted that is a stretch of the imagination.
We just dont know.

Funny how short term NSC's memory is.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Y
He did v Spurs.

We are either drawing or losing by the odd goal.
The other team get paid too.

The point I was clumsily making earlier is, for all we know TB might be just like the rest of NSC after Bolton.
He might be thinking 'this is the manager for me'.
I need to get him a striker and then Sami is set for life'.
Granted that is a stretch of the imagination.
We just dont know.

Funny how short term NSC's memory is.

...problems seems to be at the opposition end of the pitch to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here