Playing snooker

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
One dead, one badly injured. Sad.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Test pilots are brave specimens.

It's a setback for Virgin Galactic but once the cause has been established and corrected they will get back on track.

they wont, its rocket science. they backed the wrong horse.
they use highly volatile liquid fuel, other firms are way ahead with solid stuff

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
They won't what?

From reports the fuel used today was the first time that particular mixture had been used in flight.

and the last. virgin wont "comeback" to be financially viable. the business model is a bubble, i think it just went pop

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Would you say that all the private space companies aiming to get passengers into sub orbital flight are not financially viable.

I'm not privy to the financial numbers, but todays setback won't (in my opinion) be the end of Virgin Galactic.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Would you say that all the private space companies aiming to get passengers into sub orbital flight are not financially viable.

I'm not privy to the financial numbers, but todays setback won't (in my opinion) be the end of Virgin Galactic.

tricky dicky branson never puts in much of his own wedge, the firm is funded by loans against future earnings. punters, mugs and madmen have paid upfront to be amongst the first civvies in space (for about 5 mins i think!). this aint really my bag but they need someone bold to say " square one".
now this stunt is a huge step back so the $$$ evaporate as they lose all their custom to the market leader. on the upside the 5* hotel has been completed.
that paypal monkey can bankroll it himself if he so chooses, and they went with solid from the off so way ahead.
if you had the doe and the urge which brand would you go with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here