Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers are now in Hove

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
They have settled on the small hove lawn between the King Alfred and the Lawn Bowls.

Police are there as some of the bollards have been removed so it is criminal damage but they said they cant prove anything.

Growing up in Australia I don't have a great understanding of it all so I spoke to the coppers that are there....apparently there isnt much to understand. They do as they please.

As I am opposite them I think I will be locking up tonight!

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
law unto themselves
police useless
council useless
law useless

just do,what you f in want to do, unless of course you are a taxpayer, law abiding citizen, business, or anyone else who lives by the rules. If you are in these categories and you make any misdemeanour the you will very soon have a visit from the authorities.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They were all over the place when I was down in the last fortnight , Brighton and Hove has become a nesting place for them.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Look everything down! They'll even steal the shit out of your arse. I wouldn't leave the house by myself at night opposite them! #wimp

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hope no one tries to vandalise their property in the wee small hours as some kind of drunken Halloween jape.........

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They have settled on the small hove lawn between the King Alfred and the Lawn Bowls.

Police are there as some of the bollards have been removed so it is criminal damage but they said they cant prove anything.

Growing up in Australia I don't have a great understanding of it all so I spoke to the coppers that are there....apparently there isnt much to understand. They do as they please.

As I am opposite them I think I will be locking up tonight!

They leave an horrendous mess behind them and then local residents have to pay through their council tax to clean it up. I think the police should start nicking them for trespassing just to get the message across that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think the police should start nicking them for trespassing just to get the message across that their behaviour is unacceptable.

Zero chance of that. Just watch Sussex Police stand back and do absolutely nothing.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I have recenctly read an article that stated that relatives of a 101 yr old lady who was being released from hospital found that her house had been taken over by squatters, on contacting police they were advised that as it was a civil matter they should contact a solicitor,they did and found that it would cost them £4000,if your car is stolen the police will give you a reference number to pass on to your insurance company and if you find lost property it is YOUR responsibility to find the owner.
Is it time that Council tax no longer propped up an organisation that gives so little back?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I asked my girlfriend and she said after hesitating for quite some time, "are they really that much of a problem?" I think I just snorted. Not sure. But got the living room to myself right now.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Zero chance of that. Just watch Sussex Police stand back and do absolutely nothing.

You are probably right. The Met takes a far harder line south west of London and gets rid of them quickly and then the council build concrete barriers to stop them returning.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It up to the public to provide evidence at times like this. Are we really to believe that nobody made a video of them removing the bollards?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It up to the public to provide evidence at times like this. Are we really to believe that nobody made a video of them removing the bollards?

Then what?
It goes to the police. Then they have to find and identify the culprit and charge them and then they get bail. Then their court date finally comes round months later and nobody turns up.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
It's a bit late in the year for them isn't it? Don't they normally go home for winter? Must be the barmy weather we're having.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here