Rip off Britain

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Example 1:

Top of the range Apple Iphone 6:

UK: £789 (or $1263)
US: $1079 (or £674)

Based on the above, anyone who has bought one of these in the UK has surely been ****ing mugged off.

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
£657 without VAT? Do your figures include tax?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
US / Canadian prices do not include Sales Tax. UK prices do. It even says so on the UK Apple Store website - (Includes VAT of approx £132.00)

Take the VAT off and then compare the prices. Not so much of a difference.

This was not meant to be a dig at Apple but the prices we are paying for stuff. The £132 VAT proves that we are being mugged, albeit by our own government

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It wasn't so long ago that any tech product sold in $ in the USA when sold in the UK had the same price but replaced by a £ sign.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This was not meant to be a dig at Apple but the prices we are paying for stuff. The £132 VAT proves that we are being mugged, albeit by our own government

Every country has TAX. The cost of purchasing a phone in the US is very similar to cost iof purchasing a phone in the UK. Each country just has its own advertising etiquette. To be honest, I prefer it with the selling + VAT price shown before you get to the checkout.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apple are pretty cute - very little difference in prices (as paid by the consumer) worldwide (I looked into this when I bought my iPad and was travelling a lot and could've bought it anywhere)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
wow, always amazes me when I see how much these things cost to buy new.

So glad I always stay one model behind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tories put VAT up to 20% and they want to put it up again to 25%. Thank David Cameron for rip off Britain!

Only if they win the next election and consequentially blame the increase on EU harmonisation. They'll be able to get away with it by electing a new leader saying it was Dodgy Dave who promised a YES/NO referendum on a EU exit and so we're not getting one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here