Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex sign fast bowler t mills

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Tymal Mills: Sussex sign fast bowler after Essex departure

Sussex have signed fast bowler Tymal Mills on a two-year contract following his departure from Essex.
The 22-year-old left-arm seamer, who only played 12 games last season because of a back injury, turned down a new deal at Chelmsford.
"As soon as Sussex came in for me, I knew it was a county that I wanted to join," he said.
"The injuries look to be behind me now. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in and going strong next year."
Mills, who regularly bowls at over 90mph, spent last winter with the England Performance Programme and was drafted into the senior side's Ashes training camp to provide England's batsmen with practice against left-arm pace bowling.
He subsequently joined the England Lions on their tour of Sri Lanka in February this year, with the touring party being coached by Sussex cricket manager Mark Robinson.
Mills, who made his first-class debut for Essex in 2011, took only 13 wickets at an average of 34 in his six Division Two outings in 2014 and picked up a further six scalps in four T20 Blast matches.
Robinson said he was "hugely excited" by Mills' arrival at Hove.
"Tymal is a player of enormous potential who is blessed with great pace and a true fast-bowler's frame," he said. "We can't wait to see him bowl next season."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here