Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbed in broad daylight!!

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just been robbed in Deepest Darkest Crawley ... in broad daylight ... in front of witnesses! A man dressed in Halfords uniform standing by a till demanded £10 for a wiper blade for a V W Polo ... disgraceful ! Im obviously in the wrong line of work !

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Same happen to me on Tuesday battery in car failed and needed new one (lucky that it was while I was at Newhaven retail park). Would usually do myself but didn't have any tools with me so had no option. Out comes the office boy and earns his ten quid however seem to take forever to do these simple task. Easy money though if you can get it.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I didnt give them the pleasure of fitting it that would be another £2 !!! For sliding a piece of rubber in and out of the metal arm ...

Lesson learnt ... I shan't be giving Halfords my money anymore will shop around on line ....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lot of that going on in darkest Sussex I hear - rumour has it that some thieving b______ds are demanding over £4.00 before they'll hand over a pie!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They do a generic wiper blade in Asda for £3.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just been robbed in Deepest Darkest Crawley ... in broad daylight ... in front of witnesses! A man dressed in Halfords uniform standing by a till demanded £10 for a wiper blade for a V W Polo ... disgraceful ! Im obviously in the wrong line of work !
Can you actually buy one blade?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What would you expect to pay for a wiper blade? £10 seems reasonable to me, just looked around elsewhere, Euro Car Parts want £28 for a pair for a Polo :shrug:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wiperblades.co.uk start around £20 a pair, and you'd have to wait for them to be delivered.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

more careful screening required

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've just paid £1.40.9 per litre, for diesel at the BP, M and S filling station, at South Mimms services on the M25. Robin barstards.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nurofen...£3.00 for 9 tablets...ingredients...ibuprofen 200mg. Ibuprofen (generic) 16p for 12...ingredients...ibuprofen 200mg.

Always go generic. Always.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've just paid £1.40.9 per litre, for diesel at the BP, M and S filling station, at South Mimms services on the M25. Robin barstards.

im amazed how this racket has never been called in by the competition commission. the worst contrast i recall is along the M40 where you can come off at a junction a few miles before the motorway services and pay normal prices. also oop north when the M6 turns into the A road theres two services that change normalish prices.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i only charge £7.50 each including fitting, i think i should put my prices up

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here