Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*BIG news for WWE Wrestling fans*

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Notes on WWE Network in the U.K.

Thursday, 30 October 2014 21:02

The American version of the WWE network starts a one month free trial officially in the U.K. on Monday for the web, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

You can sing up at 8 p.m. Monday GMT.

For Xbox One, XBox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and some Smart TVs, it will be available in the U.K. on Tuesday, 11/18.

The free period ends on 11/30. The price will be $9.99 U.S. starting on 12/1.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The end of Sky WWE Box Office Events ? Nobody will want to pay £14.95 when they can watch it on WWE Network for £6.25.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Well, that's Survivor Series sorted

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Eeeeexcellent.

However, how soon are PPV's available to watch as reruns? And are the streams in HD ?

This could be the deciding factor on wether I cancel Sky Sports. It's easy enough finding live streams for footy / F1, but finding whole wrestling shows can be tricky as I don't like using torrents.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tragic, I gave up watching when I was 12 and my mum got me a calendar with 12 half naked men on it

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The end of Sky WWE Box Office Events ? Nobody will want to pay £14.95 when they can watch it on WWE Network for £6.25.

The network isn't selling nearly as well as WWE hoped. Their traditional PPV business has only halved. There are still people who would rather pay more than get it online. I imagine most of them lack confidence in the technology (buffering, small screens, low resolution, unreliable connections etc), some are about not having a decent internet connection - either they have the speed but not the monthly allowance or have the allowance but not the speed to get a decent picture. Plus there are people who just don't like change, so I don't imagine it will be the end just yet. Especially if Sky reduce the price as well.

They did have an issue where you had to commit to 6 months, they recently introduced a monthly fee at $12.99 but announced yesterday they were doing away with that and now it's a straight $9.99 a month without commitment.

But if they really want to get people to subscribe, they need to freshen up the product. There is too much sameness about the feuds, especially at the top of the card.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Notes on WWE Network in the U.K.

Thursday, 30 October 2014 21:02

The American version of the WWE network starts a one month free trial officially in the U.K. on Monday for the web, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.

You can sing up at 8 p.m. Monday GMT.

For Xbox One, XBox 360, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and some Smart TVs, it will be available in the U.K. on Tuesday, 11/18.

The free period ends on 11/30. The price will be $9.99 U.S. starting on 12/1.

image.jpg

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Years ago WWE was useful for filling gaps between programs but when they gave contestents a mic to verbally abuse their opponents before the match started and often finished very quickly I cant believe that people pay to watch these non events.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here