Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New car tax laws

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
Bought a 2nd hand car yesterday and the car tax is not carried over to the new buyer.
Question I am asking is can I tax the car today or will it be backdated to the start of the month October 1st or will I have to wait till tomorrow to tax it ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do it tomorrow as it will be backdated.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Yep definitely do it tomorrow.

Even following the overhaul they saw fit to keep their money making con of backdating in place.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Make sure the trnsfer date on the V5 is the same as the date you tax it otherwise they may well compare the two and see there is a difference (albeit only a day) and come after you for the tax.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if they back date to the beginning of the month under the new system, it will be back dated to October when ever you do it. they will know when the transfer occured (from the seller) and work it out from there.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Make sure the trnsfer date on the V5 is the same as the date you tax it otherwise they may well compare the two and see there is a difference (albeit only a day) and come after you for the tax.

if they back date to the beginning of the month under the new system, it will be back dated to October when ever you do it. they will know when the transfer occured (from the seller) and work it out from there.

Or maybe just leave it on the drive and SORN it for the last two days of October and start the tax in November ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here