Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is it time for Sami to read the Riot Act?

Is it time for Sami to read the Riot Act?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Poll to follow...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Couldn't hurt, although I'd rather he read a book on football tactics.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
It's a bit late for that I think,
He seems to have lost the support from the majority of the fans, I feel his tactics are woeful, hence the results we have been getting and that reflects our league position.
He is not the right man for the job, not the person to take us forward and I do not see him as the person who would be up for a relegation scrap.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't think he could read the riot act if he tried.

Remember this was the guy who admitted that, at half time during the Rotherham game, he didn't say anything to the players but wanted them to work it out on their own.

Doesn't inspire confidence in his ability, IMO.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What concerns me most about Hyypia is the seemingly lack of urgency and not being particularly unhappy with our league position or how things are going and having a big smile on his face after all the post match interviews. I don't know if he is getting any pressure from Bloom but he seems very relaxed about the whole thing at the moment

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The senior players should read him the riot act and get him to switch tactics. The only person Sami should read the riot act to is Burke. That's if Burkes seniority in the clubs hierarchy and HR issues permit of course :wozza:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Don't think he could read the riot act if he tried.

Remember this was the guy who admitted that, at half time during the Rotherham game, he didn't say anything to the players but wanted them to work it out on their own.

Doesn't inspire confidence in his ability, IMO.

Wow, I wasn't aware of that.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Our Sovereign Lord, the King, chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the Act made in the first year of King George the First for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies.

GOD SAVE THE KING".

It's quite stirring in its own way, I suppose, but I'm not sure how you think that's meant to inspire the players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"Our Sovereign Lord, the King, chargeth and commandeth all persons, being assembled, immediately to disperse themselves, and peaceably depart to their habitations, or to their lawful business, upon the pains contained in the Act made in the first year of King George the First for preventing tumults and riotous assemblies.

GOD SAVE THE KING".

Perhaps if this was read out and enforced in the opposition dressing room just before kick off it might help?

Shame about the 'Lawful business' get out clause, though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From Wiki:

"The Act created a mechanism for certain local officials to make a proclamation ordering the dispersal of any group of more than twelve people who were "unlawfully, riotously, and tumultuously assembled together". If the group failed to disperse within one hour, then anyone remaining gathered was guilty of a felony without benefit of clergy, punishable by death."

Although some of our performances have looked like a group 'tumultuously assembled together,' I can't see how dispersing within an hour is going to help improve results. Surely if it were effective, the mass exodus from the stands on eighty minutes would have won us some games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here