Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's guesstimate how much money our club waste on players and maybe other things

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Toko 5k a week maybe more?
Augustein 10k a week?
Gardner 10k a week?
O'Grady 8k a week?

Players that you feel shouldn't have been offered contracts
Crofts...Baffled he got an extra year 12k a week?
Bruno...History of injuries and wasn't good last season 12k a week?

Any more things????

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd completely agree that I'd rather the first four weren't in the squad. You're harsh on Crofts, was heading for player of the season under Oscar last season until he picked up a very nasty injury. I've said since I saw the tactics we're trying that we should have got a different right back in.

However guessing the salary is just that. A guess. Pure speculation. We won't ever KNOW who could have come in instead of the four muskateers there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd completely agree that I'd rather the first four weren't in the squad. You're harsh on Crofts, was heading for player of the season under Oscar last season until he picked up a very nasty injury. I've said since I saw the tactics we're trying that we should have got a different right back in.

However guessing the salary is just that. A guess. Pure speculation. We won't ever KNOW who could have come in instead of the four muskateers there.
Hence the guesstimation in thread title...Doubt im far off salaries to be fair.
I really believed crofts was past it..To slow and doesn't create or score anymore.
Can't fault his commitment though:D

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Crofts was poor when he played half of last season

What player were you watching? I thought he was our best player in the first half of the season - and quite a few on here thought likewise. Even if you don't believe that, he was by no means poor

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Crofts was poor when he played half of last season although back from an injury,this season he was also gash.
Bruno is a sick note and can't defend for shi*t

Both should not have got new contracts,but people will compare them to the likes of kemy lol

I disagree. Crofts needs a good run of games. Bruno is a good creative right back (forward). The defending part is true, but I think both players should be here.

I'd also like to see Toko and Agustein given a chance. Whatever we're doing now isn't working particularly well. Give them a chance or get them out on loan somewhere they can improve and save us a few quid in wages.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What player were you watching? I thought he was our best player in the first half of the season - and quite a few on here thought likewise. Even if you don't believe that, he was by no means poor
That's your opinion,but he offered very little in my opinion 👍

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Toko 5k a week maybe more?
Augustein 10k a week?
Gardner 10k a week?
O'Grady 8k a week?

Players that you feel shouldn't have been offered contracts
Crofts...Baffled he got an extra year 12k a week?
Bruno...History of injuries and wasn't good last season 12k a week?

Any more things????

To put this into some form of context - Zigic - 80k a week.

I support the Crofts decision, he was our best player before injury last year.
I wouldn't have signed both Bruno and Calderon, that seemed to me a big mistake at the time.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
To put this into some form of context - Zigic - 80k a week.

I support the Crofts decision, he was our best player before injury last year.
I wouldn't have signed both Bruno and Calderon, that seemed to me a big mistake at the time.
Pointless comparing Zigic as he was with birmingham during the prem days..Im not talking about birmingham even though zigic was on 60k not 80k.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Crofts was poor when he played half of last season although back from an injury,this season he was also gash.
Bruno is a sick note and can't defend for shi*t

Both should not have got new contracts,but people will compare them to the likes of kemy lol

Complete rubbish.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rubbish...He made 24 appearances last season and although back from injury offered very little bar one goal.
Maybe you're getting old tubby chops and a bit senile?

I think you stand alone in thinking he was rubbish last season. Like [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] says, he was up for Player of the Season until his injury. Can't help it if you have a lack of appreciation for his excellent efforts in - at times - carrying the team.

Besides, he scored six goals last season, not one.

What senility there is is coming for you - and you alone.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Why don't you offer something rather than being a tit?

Toko - 30K a week ?
Augustein 10p a week?
Gardner 110k a week?
O'Grady £8.50 a week?
Crofts £ 112,123.67 a week?
Bruno a slightly camp brightly coloured t-shirt a week?

You're right, I feel so much better for guessing that

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here