Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stunning breaking news in today's Argus

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
You would never have believed this. It shows a real understanding and insight from our manager, coupled with in-depth investigative journalism
:rolleyes:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
"I don’t know if we haven’t been able to replace him" - sh regarding ulloa

Yet another reason why this guy has no idea at all. Has to go. End of

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
@SkySportsPeteO: Brighton in talks with Wigan to sign goalkeeper Al Habsi on loan. #bhafc #wafc

Well looks like we're getting a keeper on loan for the injured STOCKDALE

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Albion manager Sami Hyypia is desperate for a goalscoring replacement for Leo Ulloa.

Hyypia was unaware of Ulloa’s presence amongst the 4,000 travelling fans in Wednesday’s 2-0 exit from the Capital One Cup at Tottenham.

But he admits they have missed the Argentinian’s goals following his £8 million move to Leicester in July.

Ulloa hit 23 goals in 50 Championship outings for the Seagulls prior to Hyypia’s appointment.

He has also scored five goals in nine Premier League games for Leicester.

The strikers signed since Ulloa’s departure – Chris O’Grady, Sam Baldock and Adrian Colunga – are seeking to end a combined league goal drought spanning 23 appearances at Bournemouth tomorrow night (5.15pm).

Hyypia told The Argus: “I didn’t know that he (Ulloa) was there. I don’t know if we haven’t been able to replace him.

“He scored a lot of goals last year and every team needs a goalscorer.”

Hyypia remains tight-lipped about Albion’s activity in the loan transfer window, which closes on November 27, as he considers another rotation of his striker options at Bournemouth.

Sam Baldock was Cup-tied for the trip to Spurs, which included a late substitute appearance by Craig Mackail-Smith after four matches out with hamstring trouble.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think Leo in this team/style would make much difference at the moment anyway.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Argus - always on the cutting edge of the news agenda.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
"I don't know if we haven't been able to replace him" .... What?

Not sure if this is Naylors fault for writing it or Sami's poor English but if I were reporting the conversation, I think I would have tried harder to understand WTF Sami was on about.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Does anyone still buy the argus?

Exactly. It's a non story.
Prematch talk,
Question: did you know Ulloa was watching Brighton on Wednesday night?
Answer: no I didn't but I am desperate to get a striker in to replace him.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Don't think Leo in this team/style would make much difference at the moment anyway.

I literally couldn't disagree more. We are in a very similar situation to the pre-Ulloa days: Lots of bluster, but no monster in the box.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here