Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Canadians don't like racists

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This fellow got a punch on the nose whilst taking part in a social experiment about Islamophobia.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yet more proof that secular, democratic, liberal Western societies are FAR superior to fundamentalist Islamic ones. You try the reverse in one of the more backward and primitive cultures and see what happens.

I remember Western Road being shut down completely a few years ago, simply because there was a car with an Irish registration number parked there. This was before the current buses-and-taxis-only traffic restrictions were introduced.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As many of those so called fundamentalist societies have been under fire and/or occupied, over a dozen decades or so, by those liberal, democratic, secular societies, resulting in the deaths of thousands of their citizens, yes, I would imagine it has made them a bit touchy, and irritable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As many of those so called fundamentalist societies have been under fire and/or occupied, over a dozen decades or so, by those liberal, democratic, secular societies, resulting in the deaths of thousands of their citizens, yes, I would imagine it has made them a bit touchy, and irritable.

Long live the Western occupations of Saudi Arabia and Iran. That's what I say. Oh, hang on.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Maybe the guy that hit him was conducting a social experiment to see if he could attack someone and not get charged. Perhaps he has this on video and that will now encourage others to go out and strike their fellow citizens. This is all going to end in tears!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Wow. As an attempt to justify the oppression in those societies that's on a par with saying the Holocaust was simply culturally appropriate behaviour for Nazis.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Wow. As an attempt to justify the oppression in those societies that's on a par with saying the Holocaust was simply culturally appropriate behaviour for Nazis.

Create chaos and fanatics thrive
..and justifying? Not at all. Create an environment for fanatics to thrive, expect fanatics. Which oppressive societies are you referring to?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Create chaos and fanatics thrive
..and justifying? Not at all. Create an environment for fanatics to thrive, expect fanatics. Which oppressive societies are you referring to?
Don't be obtuse. You can name them as well as I can.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, you are. Unless you truly believe that all societies enjoy the same level of freedoms that we do in the West, and where they don't it's all somehow our fault. ISIS-held Syrian territory would be an obvious answer (where you can get murdered for being a non-Muslim and beheaded for being a Westerner), but I'm sure you would produce a tenuous geo-political argument (that we'd then spend dozens of posts dissecting) to justify it and would boil down in the end to little more than the Islamic equivalent of 'Germans bombed our chippy'.

The bottom line is that, leaving aside places like Afghanistan, (where, yeah, your original point is valid) globally 'Westernaphobia' is FAR more of a problem than 'Islamaphobia'.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
ISIS is a result of the chaos we (the west) created in Iraq, formally they were a tiny group, that turned into Al Qaeda In Iraq, after the occupation of Iraq, but even Al Qaeda has disowned them.
NOBODY is justifying anything. Using ISIS as your example is a bit weird. They murder muslims as well. In LARGE numbers. Currently on a murder spree against Sunni tribes in Anbar. They are also in the middle of what is essentially a vicious civil war, in several areas, against the Syrian and Iraqi govts, and against other jihadist groups, and the Kurds, all civil wars turn barbaric.
Why would there be 'westernaphobia', if not for deeds done in the past?

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why is it weird? As you say they murder anybody, so I would say that is a good example of a place that is not TOO tolerant of opposing views. And yes, as I suspected the rest of your argument does boil down to 'Germans bombed our chippy'.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Islam is not a race di*k head

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why is it weird? As you say they murder anybody, so I would say that is a good example of a place that is not TOO tolerant of opposing views. And yes, as I suspected the rest of your argument does boil down to 'Germans bombed our chippy'.

Its not a 'place' its a war zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here