Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mid season manager change

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
If Sami was to leave after Saturday it'll be a big test for TB and Barber. As we know they like to take their time on appointments generally... but we are desperate for some points. A month long search could be a disaster.

Will be interesting to see how quickly it all happens.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
May already be happening, behind the scenes.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would be extremely risky to sack Hyypia without having someone in place to take over within the week. I somehow doubt that we are an attractive proposition to big names or experienced managers given our player recruitment policy so we might just end up with another rookie. I suggest the board need to know they have an experienced manager lined up to take the job before they pull the trigger on Hyypia.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am sure that Tony Bloom has said in the past the club are always evaluating new manager options, just in case a manager were to leave suddenly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It would be extremely risky to sack Hyypia without having someone in place to take over within the week. I somehow doubt that we are an attractive proposition to big names or experienced managers given our player recruitment policy so we might just end up with another rookie. I suggest the board need to know they have an experienced manager lined up to take the job before they pull the trigger on Hyypia.
In the past, whenever The Albion are looking for a new manager we have been told that the club always gets loads of top quality applicants. This could be club spin but even when we were the country's official basket case club with no home we supposedly got loads of people wanting to be Brighton's manager.

Let's hope that is the case right now.

I expect Tony Bloom has a number of CVs arriving on his desk this week. Time to make the right choice Tony. In fact, I think he has a number of choices to make on different levels. ..

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am sure that Tony Bloom has said in the past the club are always evaluating new manager options, just in case a manager were to leave suddenly.

He said exactly that when he and Barber were at a NWSS meeting a couple of months ago.

I'm 100% sure he has a shortlist of available people.

Personally I think Bloom will give the manager the next three games- we have two home games after Bournemouth, then the International break......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He said exactly that when he and Barber were at a NWSS meeting a couple of months ago.

I'm 100% sure he has a shortlist of available people.

Personally I think Bloom will give the manager the next three games- we have two home games after Bournemouth, then the International break......

Think that is about right, it will happen after the Blackburn game, unless things change.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good god, that could see us deep in the mire by then though. I can see Wigan and Blackburn tearing holes in our defense at the moment not to mention Bournemouth I do hope not.

Think I'm with this ... unless we manage to freak something against B'muff he really has to go.

Can't believe the players have much (any) faith left either, all adding to the pressure on TB

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good god, that could see us deep in the mire by then though. I can see Wigan and Blackburn tearing holes in our defense at the moment not to mention Bournemouth I do hope not.

Ok sack him around 19:15 hrs Saturday however no way would we have an effective manager for Tuesday night v Wigan.

That leaves potentially Jones in charge which is a bigger, backward step.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ok sack him around 19:15 hrs Saturday however no way would we have an effective manager for Tuesday night v Wigan.

That leaves potentially Jones in charge which is a bigger, backward step.

I see your point, but what is the point in delaying the inevitable and also there is a chance he flukes a win in one of them games and we then have him longer.

Oh I don't know what is the best thing to do, it's just not sitting right is it and something needs to be done even if Bloom comes out and says we are sticking with him and believe in him, more money to spend and all that bollox just some reaction from someone high would help.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Please let it not be the poundshop option of Nathan Jones.

To paraphrase Bill McLaren "They will be rioting in the streets of East and West Sussex"

Was at a funeral in Brighton today with strong links to the Albion and local football in general. After the service I spoke to someone with very close ties with the Albion at a very high level, he told me that they had had over 100 applications in the summer for the job, interviewed 12, yet ended up with 5th choice, which again begs the question why did the other 4 turn it down?

I think history may well repeat itself returning to 02-03 and Coppell initially being interviewed by Dick before Hinsh got the job, bearing in mind that 3 of the perceived 4 are still not in work, will Tony Bloom re visit one of them but with different terms and conditions this time?

The only diffence between Oct 02 and now is the mountain not as big a climb as back then.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
It's certainly not the start to the season we wanted but can we not give the guy a chance. I'm really bored of this sacking managers all the time in every league frenzy, it's not even halfway through the season yet. I know I'm not there and not at any games but that's how I feel, I hate all this negativity.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's certainly not the start to the season we wanted but can we not give the guy a chance. I'm really bored of this sacking managers all the time in every league frenzy, it's not even halfway through the season yet. I know I'm not there and not at any games but that's how I feel, I hate all this negativity.

Oddly the fact that you are not at the games makes all the difference on this one. I have seen ALOT of Brighton games and can spot a demoralised relegation team when I see one. We have one at the moment.

I think, regretfully, Sami has to go. We are going one way only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here