Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - WiFi connection

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I have an ethernet system running through the 240 volt supply of my house, but in the main room I would like to plug in a box that broadcasts a Wi Fi signal.

Cant begin to find one on Google as I don't know what its called. Can anyone help

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I have an ethernet system running through the 240 volt supply of my house, but in the main room I would like to plug in a box that broadcasts a Wi Fi signal.

Cant begin to find one on Google as I don't know what its called. Can anyone help

You are looking for a Wi-Fi Access Point.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Have you got a spare Wifi router? It's really pretty simple to just configure one of those to rebroadcast the signal.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Have you got a spare Wifi router? It's really pretty simple to just configure one of those to rebroadcast the signal.

I currently have Sky router but also have the old O2 router. How do you make this happen?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I think this is what you're looking for?
Similar to Hiney's but a lot cheaper.

http://www.ebuyer.com/642775-xenta-n300-wireless-network-range-extender-wenb518yw2

http://www.ebuyer.com/517506-d-link-wireless-n300-range-extender-dap-1320

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks people all good stuff. A more general question now.

The base router comes with a wi-fi output (not strong enough) which you access by putting in the code number. Obviously it transmits on a particular frequency. Will a remote Wi-Fi access point have some conflicts.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Thanks people all good stuff. A more general question now.

The base router comes with a wi-fi output (not strong enough) which you access by putting in the code number. Obviously it transmits on a particular frequency. Will a remote Wi-Fi access point have some conflicts.

this is part of the solution. youll need to configure the new access point with the same security settings. alternatively turn off security altogether

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
this is part of the solution. youll need to configure the new access point with the same security settings. alternatively turn off security altogether

Only turn off the security if you absolutely have to otherwise you'll leave yourself open to having people use your wi-fi.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here