Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew, Allardyce

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Both these managers have faced extreme pressure from their fans to be sacked recently. Both have turned the tide. West Ham, in particular have been brilliant.

Many fans seem to hate the sack a manager culture going on in the game, perhaps we should apply that more measured approach to our club and let Sami have some time to build his team, style of play and squad.

Rome wasn't built in a day, etc

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It doesn't matter how well Newcastle do, they'll still want Pardew out. He's always been unpopular there, they didn't want him in the first place - he's seen as Mike Ashley's stooge.

Allardyce...well, he's generally been quite successful at West Ham. It's the style of play that the fans hated, and that seems to have improved.

Sami? God knows how he could possibly turn this around. I did want him to be given time, but now think that this could leave us back in League 1. Let's see how it goes on Saturday...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Both these managers have faced extreme pressure from their fans to be sacked recently. Both have turned the tide. West Ham, in particular have been brilliant.

Many fans seem to hate the sack a manager culture going on in the game, perhaps we should apply that more measured approach to our club and let Sami have some time to build his team, style of play and squad.

What would be an unacceptable winless-run for you?
15 games? 20, 30?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Both of those managers have had prior reasonable success. Hyypia hasn't.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It doesn't matter how well Newcastle do, they'll still want Pardew out. He's always been unpopular there, they didn't want him in the first place - he's seen as Mike Ashley's stooge.

Allardyce...well, he's generally been quite successful at West Ham. It's the style of play that the fans hated, and that seems to have improved.

Sami? God knows how he could possibly turn this around. I did want him to be given time, but now think that this could leave us back in League 1. Let's see how it goes on Saturday...

Totally correct on Allardyce and Pardew. No comparison whatsoever with the current goings on with SH

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The SA and AP have done well and stemmed the tide. It has take time though for this to happen. Its a tough call. I do not see us improving greatly this year and with that in mind if we keep SH it maybe a long hard season. Next year we may see an improvement in the side and results but it is weather we want to wait that long before we act

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes but it seems that the desire of the fans , due to the shiny stadium, the new training facility and the signing of players for the development squad, is that we have some Devine right to be a " big club" and in the premiership by right!

It doesn't work like that and we are having a relatively poor season and suddenly the manager is shit and some even questioning Bloom suggesting he is ready to sell up and ship out....do people really think that a new owner will want ****all back from the club in the same way as bloom doesn't take anything?

These are the good times ladies and gents. To suggest that we change a manager this soon with what looks like none of his own players is just crazy and who is to say a curbishley or houghton isn't going to faced with exactly the same issues of having players foisted on them and they having to work with the draconian financial constraints we are under.

I see no point in changing for the sake of changing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The point in changing is SH tactics are diabolical and he refuses to change them. He has done Nothing in his career unlike other managers mentioned. Totally out of his depth.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
There are other slight differences between Sam, Pards and Sami. Not only is Pardew seen as part of Ashley's Cockney Mafia, which puts him at a disadvantage with the Newcastle fans, he's also presented with players by the chief scout and told to get on with it. So any success he gets is well against the odds IMHO. Allardyce is much more the master of his own fate at West Ham, with ultimate say on signings.

Allardyce also has the longer record of achievement against the odds (Bolton in the top ten). Pardew's career has been patchy, to say the least - promotion (if only just) with West Ham and Reading, relegation with Charlton.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes but it seems that the desire of the fans , due to the shiny stadium, the new training facility and the signing of players for the development squad, is that we have some Devine right to be a " big club" and in the premiership by right!

This in particular annoys me about our fans. the number of people we have watching us doesn't mean we are a big or a small club. It's a terrible KPI.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

It doesn't work like that and we are having a relatively poor season and suddenly the manager is shit and some even questioning Bloom suggesting he is ready to sell up and ship out....do people really think that a new owner will want ****all back from the club in the same way as bloom doesn't take anything?

These are the good times ladies and gents. To suggest that we change a manager this soon with what looks like none of his own players is just crazy and who is to say a curbishley or houghton isn't going to faced with exactly the same issues of having players foisted on them and they having to work with the draconian financial constraints we are under.

I see no point in changing for the sake of changing.

There's no divine right to be in the Premier League. I'd just rather not return to League 1.

I take the point that they are not 'his' players, but it's what you do with what you've got. The system is not working, and the players look tired an disillusioned.

I'd be amazed if he turned it around.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle went to Spurs and got completely outplayed and won 1-2 with a dismal performance. Less possession than us.

Is this tactics good managership or good players?

Tip: for my second bet of the year. Spurs to beat Newcastle at home in the next round looks promising. (Last bet was Stoke to win at Sunderland in the League Cup).

Too old fashioned and set in their ways managers: Pardew and Hughton. Not wanted.

Not supporting sacking Hyypia and but if I was Mag I would be calling for Pardew's head.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Big Sam and even Pardew were experienced and proven managers. Sami isn't in the slightest. I just don't believe he is up to the good either tactically or as a personality and no amount of giving him time is going to alter that. I hope Bloom acts quickly for everyones sakes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The SA and AP have done well and stemmed the tide. It has take time though for this to happen. Its a tough call. I do not see us improving greatly this year and with that in mind if we keep SH it maybe a long hard season. Next year we may see an improvement in the side and results but it is weather we want to wait that long before we act

This it for me, added to the fact that the bare bones they have to work with are far more comparable to those around them than ours at the moment, so it's difficult to draw direct comparisions.

We are in danger of looking like a club that isn't a good place to manage. Poyet left under a cloud, Oscar left after disagreements over transfer policy (allegedly) and Hyypia hasn't been given any quality replacements for the standard of player we sold.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
This it for me, added to the fact that the bare bones they have to work with are far more comparable to those around them than ours at the moment, so it's difficult to draw direct comparisions.

We are in danger of looking like a club that isn't a good place to manage. Poyet left under a cloud, Oscar left after disagreements over transfer policy (allegedly) and Hyypia hasn't been given any quality replacements for the standard of player we sold.

West Ham spending £16 million on two strikers in the summer= bare bones. Nice one.

Pardew has actually been given jackshit, but winning three games isn't exactly a turnaround. Lose the next two or three amd they will be calling for his head again and they'll probably be in the drop zone.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
West Ham spending £16 million on two strikers in the summer= bare bones. Nice one.

Pardew has actually been given jackshit, but winning three games isn't exactly a turnaround. Lose the next two or three amd they will be calling for his head again and they'll probably be in the drop zone.

Bare bones, as in the squad he has, not in the Harry Redknapp sense. My point is, both have decent sqauds

luge

Dec 18, 2010
If you compare us to last year, what we are missing is a striker to put the ball in the back of the net.

Take Ulloa's influence out of last season and you'd end up with a load of draws and defeats.

Yet there seems to be a huge display of love for Oscar Garcia (I thought he was tactically pretty poor and dull). We were prepared to give him time.

How much do we give sami? I don't know - but bear in mind the hand he was dealt.

It seems to me that the players are lacking confidence, and that is due to a whole array of things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here