Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Walton

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
He needs his own thread after tonight. Really showed quality, not just potential. At times he really looked that assured top class keeper some say Stockdale isn't. (Got nothing against Stockdale BTW) Give him some game time, the lad looks mustard! No wonder Arsenal were interested in him, bloody good prospect!!! Massive positive of Tonight was him by miles!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Was good tonight. Especially how he was thrown into the deep end straight away. Certainly a massive improvement when I saw him play for the U21 against Lewes 2013/14 pre season. But he was definitely helped by Dunk tonight for sure, who was absolutely awesome.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I think the reason he played tonight was so the footballing world could get their first look at him in the hope a Premier League club might part with some money for him to disappear into the clubs FFP black hole.

What?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I felt we were completely doomed when I saw him on the team-sheet behind the make-shift back 4.

How wrong I was. Class act.

He's shown that he's capable of, and deserves more first team game time.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
I think the reason he played tonight was so the footballing world could get their first look at him in the hope a Premier League club might part with some money for him to disappear into the clubs FFP black hole.

What?

Sad but probably true.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought it was Stockdale, whoops

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He was very good, just the one flap in the first half. If I was being overly critical I'm sure he felt may have done a little better with the second goal. For me the main plus for him was his composure, there did not seem to be a lot of nerves, handling on the basics pretty decent and at least one smart save in the first half. For an 18 year old that was an excellent performance, and hopefully will fill him with confidence for the future.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Have to admit I was worried, not because he lacks talent, but because we could have been on the end of a hammering and that won't have done his confidence any good.
He was top notch (bar an occasional flap but which doesn't throw one in now and again) and has a left boot on him, was picking out some lovely passes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He was very good, just the one flap in the first half. If I was being overly critical I'm sure he felt may have done a little better with the second goal. For me the main plus for him was his composure, there did not seem to be a lot of nerves, handling on the basics pretty decent and at least one smart save in the first half. For an 18 year old that was an excellent performance, and hopefully will fill him with confidence for the future.

Is he only 18?

I'm even more impressed. He was one of the few positives for me from last night.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very good display. Only thing I would ctiticise would be his distribution. Spurs restricted his ability to use short goal kicks, and too many of his long kicks ended up on the heads of Spurs players. Of course, if we had a "proper" striker (big, tall lad) he would have had someone to aim for who may have been able to win headers.

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
I've been wanting to see Walton given a chance for weeks. I'm glad he had a good game, he's clearly a talent. Competition for Stockdale can only be a good thing!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Casper is a good pro but got to feel for the bloke, Stockdale out and Walton gets moved above him in the pecking order! Walton did fantastic, to put in a nerveless & solid display like that on his debut at that age is really quite something, and given Sami's interview after he obviously thinks very highly of Walton.

Pressure now on Stockdale?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He played really well, and at no point did he fill me with the same old worried dread that others have.

I felt, though, that it was a shocking managerial decision to give him his debut in a game where we could, conceivably, have conceded shed loads, not through any particular failing on his part. His confidence could have been shot to pieces.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Someone told me that he didn't want to disclose it.

Was it Ryan Harley who injured himself whilst shaving his scrotum?

I read a tweet from Moose from Talk Sport saying he wouldn't be disclosing the injury on air - Stockdale was guest summariser for Talk Sport.

Shaving his nutsack - that was Joe Mattock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here