Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Big (great) NSC write up in today's Grauniad

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Great article. Reminds me of happy times and a Seagulls down under meet up in Melbourne in 2002

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Really good article - although it's bit strange to say that if they had a Brighton v Palace fans match in England it would "all kick off"; we have one every year without any problems.

It was nice to see a mention of my old mate John Sowden. He got married quite young and I lost touch with him: I'd heard he'd moved to Australia and has done well for himself

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Really good article - although it's bit strange to say that if they had a Brighton v Palace fans match in England it would "all kick off"; we have one every year without any problems.

It was nice to see a mention of my old mate John Sowden. He got married quite young and I lost touch with him: I'd heard he'd moved to Australia and has done well for himself

Ignore that quote guys, it came from a Palace fan who had no idea about the whole REMF thing. I chatted to him after the match and told him all about it, in his defence, he did apolgise and told me he'd probably said the wrong thing to the reporter.
I told him not to worry, he probably won't use it, bet he's a bit red faced this morning, if he's seen it. He's been here since the mid 80's so probably become a bit detached from it all.
That aside, it was a great day and most important of all, we raised just short of $1000 for REMF.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
From the comments section....

WTF ? ? ? BURN HIM !!!!!

I was going to say that I was at school with a Palace fan who was born in Brighton ... but reading the comments I realise that the bloke saying that and my old schoolmate are one and the same

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I was going to say that I was at school with a Palace fan who was born in Brighton ... but reading the comments I realise that the bloke saying that and my old schoolmate are one and the same

We have a member here, who's parents are Palace fans and he's an Albion fan. He probably did it out of spite but to be fair he stuck with it, told me he used to go to Gillingham, now you didn't do that unless you were committed.
At the match we also had a husband Palace fan & wife Albion fan, how could you.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was a good read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here