Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

11 consecutive games against Championship/Premiership teams without a win ...

Okay, no-one really expected us to win or even score tonight, but it's another game on our non winning run. We may have played brightly & the SCR commentators talking us up, but in truth Spurs hardly broke a sweat & we didn't threaten all game.

So where now?

Bournemouth away Saturday, confidant after their 8-0 thrashing of Birmingham, knocked out West Brom in the cup & live on Sky, to watch us defend, defend, defend.

How much longer can we cope with this wretched run?
When will Tony & co do something?
When will Hypia give an interview with a minuscule of passion?
How much longer do we have to keep the faith?

At what point can I stop starting these threads!

Frustrated.com

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Some of the arguments that have been levelled do have some basis, but i've never understood this one - we were always pissed off with Gus' histrionics and we've been told countless times that the Finnish don't show their emotion or passion in that way, so why do people persist with it?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Okay, no-one really expected us to win or even score tonight, but it's another game on our non winning run. We may have played brightly & the SCR commentators talking us up, but in truth Spurs hardly broke a sweat & we didn't threaten all game.

So where now?

Bournemouth away Saturday, confidant after their 8-0 thrashing of Birmingham, knocked out West Brom in the cup & live on Sky, to watch us defend, defend, defend.

How much longer can we cope with this wretched run?
When will Tony & co do something?
How much longer do we have to keep the faith?

At what point can I stop starting these threads!

Frustrated.com

Sounds like an episode of Dangermouse.

And that's all I can be arsed to say on the matter.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I sort of hope that they wanted him to still be here to lose tonight so that the caretaker / new manager didn't have to start with a defeat

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I want to make this run sound as bad as possible... I need to add tonight's game to the winless run, but then I'd have to include the win v burton since I'm counting cup games... I know! 11 games v opposition from the top two divisions, there, yes, that's it. We haven't won v premier league or championship opposition for 11 games!!!!

Really, are you that desperate to complain that you will try to be so tricky, isn't a ten league game winless run bad enough without needing to twist stuff and squeeze in a game we were never going to win anyway?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really wanted it to work here for Sami, but it clearly hasn't.

It's unfair to let a defeat to spurs count against him, but it seems it doesn't matter how bad it gets game after game, he remains, nothing changes.

We are going down this year if something doesn't change, and the season is pretty much written off already unless we string 4-5 wins together back to back, starting now.

Defeat to Bournemouth looms large, imagine losing to Wigan a few days later as well :nono:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tonight changes nothing, Saturday and if he is here the Wigan game are huge.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hyppias tactics for tonight were woeful, he set us up to defend as if we were trying to scrape an away point in a league game, it was a match with the chance to get into the quarter finals of a major cup competition Ffs! We ahould have been fighting and going full pelt to try and get something from the game, instead we let Spurs treat it like a training game and win without putting them under any pressure whatsoever. That IS Hyppias fault, he has failed to find any tactics or approach to inspire his team to put in any kind of performance, he has not got a clue he's hopeless and the team at the moment are looking like losers and playing like losers.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I want to make this run sound as bad as possible... I need to add tonight's game to the winless run, but then I'd have to include the win v burton since I'm counting cup games... I know! 11 games v opposition from the top two divisions, there, yes, that's it. We haven't won v premier league or championship opposition for 11 games!!!!

Really, are you that desperate to complain that you will try to be so tricky, isn't a ten league game winless run bad enough without needing to twist stuff and squeeze in a game we were never going to win anyway?

Exactly what I thought. Typical revisionist hyperbole. "How can I spin this to make my point stronger".

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
You have to feel sympathy for Hyppia. Since last season we have lost Ulloa, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ward and Kusczczak, and Mackail-Smith is injured again. What have we replaced them with? Not the same quality that is for sure.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You have to feel sympathy for Hyppia. Since last season we have lost Ulloa, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Ward and Kusczczak, and Mackail-Smith is injured again. What have we replaced them with? Not the same quality that is for sure.

Shrewsbury seemed to do quite well against a better team than Spurs. They were organised, motivated and wanted to win. Remember that they are 2 divisions below us so if they can put in a performance like that, why can't our lot? It has to come down to the manager and his coaching staff.

Tonight showed how clueless they are. Lua Lua wasn't interested and was, for most of the game, shite. CMS was given 5 minutes and made a difference. Why wait so long?

Grrrrr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here