Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Ferdinand banned for 3 games for 'abusive' tweet

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
3 game ban and £25,000 fine http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footba...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Background:

QPR defender Rio Ferdinand has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association for a social media comment.

"It is alleged the comment posted on his Twitter account was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper," an FA statement read.

The charge is believed to relate to Ferdinand's use of the word 'sket', "a promiscuous girl or woman" according to Collins English Dictionary.

The former England international, 35, has until 21 October to respond.

Ferdinand wrote the tweet thought to have led to the charge on 1 September in reply to a message sent to him suggesting his team needed a new centre-half.

He was tagged in a message that read: "Maybe QPR will sign a good CB (centre back) they need one" and wrote back: "get ya mum in, plays the field well son! #sket" - a Jamaican slang word.

Ferdinand, who made the last of his 81 appearances for England in June 2011, is a member of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission looking at how to improve English football.

The ex-Manchester United centre-back has sent more than 14,000 tweets since joining the social networking site in 2010.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Rio is a tool but blimey, is that really a banning offence? Pretty harmless to me. Sad day if we cannot do 'your mum' jokes anymore.

P.S I have had sexual relations with all your mums and they really enjoyed it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Rio is a tool but blimey, is that really a banning offence? Pretty harmless to me. Sad day if we cannot do 'your mum' jokes anymore.

P.S I have had sexual relations with all your mums and they really enjoyed it.

She said yours was like a dick only smaller.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm not fan of Ferdinand as he's a complete cockerel .... but really ?? What business is it of the FA's if he used a slag word for a woman that's an easy lay in a tweet ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
As others have said I think Rio is a bit of a bellend but I really can't see how the FA can impose a 3 match ban for a throwaway comment that wasn't even related to football? Surely his personal comments outside of football are his own and not answerable to the FA providing he hasn't slandered the FA or football related matters in his comments?

Bonkers!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here