Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian McDermott and Chris Hughton are still available . . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That's all l'm saying, the aforementioned managers, both experienced at Championship level, and with a record of getting teams promoted to the Premier League, are currently out of work.

I'm sure you all realise what l am trying to say . . .

All sensible comments welcome.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Either will do, but would go with Hughton myself, bit dour, but we need stability.

Obviously failure to beat Tottenham will be the last straw [emoji6]

Seriously, action must be taken by the next international break, if things don't dramatically improve.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Break the bank for Pulis

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'd have either of them right now, If we fail to win at Bournemouth on Saturday then it looks like our winless run becomes the longest in the football league so far this season so it depends how long the board are prepared to let it go on for before they make a change?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two hopes of this - he'll be in at the next Premier League vacancy. Brian McDermott is experienced, available and slightly less boring than Chris Hughton.

He would be my choice too. Benn out of work for a while now, and by all reports very keen to get back, we may not have to break the bank to get him.

Seriously though Tony, come Saturday night, and after heavy defeats against Spurs and Bournemouth, what are you going to do? Action needs to be taken before it's too late to rectify it.

He has gambled in making the three managerial appointments he has made. None of them have had any experience in this country at this level. He got lucky with Gus and Oscar, they both did comparatively good jobs. This time though, it just hasn't worked out.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
He would be my choice too. Benn out of work for a while now, and by all reports very keen to get back, we may not have to break the bank to get him.

Seriously though Tony, come Saturday night, and after heavy defeats against Spurs and Bournemouth, what are you going to do? Action needs to be taken before it's too late to rectify it.

He has gambled in making the three managerial appointments he has made. None of them have had any experience in this country at this level. He got lucky with Gus and Oscar, they both did comparatively good jobs. This time though, it just hasn't worked out.

I've got a sneaky feeling we're going to beat Spurs on pens tonight though, which will paper over the cracks and keep Sami in a job for another few weeks in IMHO.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Nothing will change with the players we currently have, specifically the forwards who simply aren't good enough for the Championship.

Sacking Hyppia isn't a solution, it's a mis-diagnosis of the problem.

Instead of spending £ XXX paying off Hyppia's contract, we should get O'Grady out on loan to Barnsley. If O'Grady cannot then up his goal tally in League One then we should put him on the transfer list, and bring in someone else.

McDermott is now a scout at Arsenal - why would he want to leave them........... He's probably eyeing up Wenger's job, not Samii's.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
have I missed something again
Sami still our manager?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That's all l'm saying, the aforementioned managers, both experienced at Championship level, and with a record of getting teams (with a lot more money to spend than us) promoted to the Premier League, are currently out of work.

I'm sure you all realise what l am trying to say . . .

All sensible comments welcome.

Corrected in the interests of fairness.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've got a sneaky feeling we're going to beat Spurs on pens tonight though, which will paper over the cracks and keep Sami in a job for another few weeks in IMHO.

Yes, and that's a major worry for me. Part of me hopes that we do get thrashed tonight and on Saturday, IF it finally brings Tony Bloom to his senses.

Plus if he does pull the plug, l hope that thiis time he does go for a tried and tested manager and not a comparative unknown. You aren't playing poker now Tony.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, and that's a major worry for me. Part of me hopes that we do get thrashed tonight and on Saturday, IF it finally brings Tony Bloom to his senses.

Plus if he does pull the plug, l hope that thiis time he does go for a tried and tested manager and not a comparative unknown. You aren't playing poker now Tony.
And I guess the new man would be a guaranteed success

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here