Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** The Offcial Match Day Thread - Brighton vs Tottenham (Brighton play away) **

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Time to put some balls on the line so hear we we go:

As Hyypia says, stay calm and don't worry, the formation is as follows:

7 - 3 - 0 (playing to our defensive strengths)

Spurs have scored in each of their last 24 home games in the League Cup.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:eek:

WTF is THAT?

uneven number of *******
Teams the wrong way round
No '& Hove Albion'
No 'Hotspur'
No badges

What on EARTH!!??

(0-1 Dunk 86min)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Blimey. Can you buy Offcial at the butchers?

All I ask is a decent performance to get some confidence back.

Every match this season I have predicted us to win, so that has gone well. Therefore, back to the old reverse psychology - were loose 8-0.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I like your BALLS to COCK up the thread title so much.

Nothing seems to be going our way so this may be the kind of out of the box thinking we need.

0-1 Brighton

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What have you done!? :eek:

jesus-christ-on-a-bicycle.jpg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm going to try and limit the damage control here. I'm currently unbeaten in the MDT's so hopefully I'll salvage something...

****Official Match Thread****
Tottenham Hotspurs Vs Brighton and Hove Albion

tottenham-hotspur.png
--------
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton is fit again after a ankle injury while fellow defender Federico Fazio is available after suspension.
But Nabil Bentaleb and Kyle Walker remain sidelined with ankle and pelvis injuries respectively.
Brighton midfielder Kazenga LuaLua is available again after suspension.
But Sam Baldock is cup-tied while Craig Mackail-Smith could miss out again with a hamstring injury and full-back Bruno is struggling with a groin problem.

MATCH PREVIEW

Two managers under pressure at new clubs is the backdrop to Brighton's visit to Tottenham.
Under Mauricio Pochettino, Spurs have won just three times in this season's Premier League, and were booed off after a weekend defeat at home to Newcastle.

They looked like making an early exit from the Capital One Cup after going behind to Nottingham Forest - but battled back and will be strong favourites to reach the quarter-finals despite their recent form.
That's because visitors Brighton, who were also booed off after a home draw with Rotherham at the weekend, have also been struggling under new manager Sami Hyppia.
The Seagulls have not won in the league since August - a run of 10 games that has left them hovering above the Championship relegation zone.
Hyppia, twice a League Cup winner with Liverpool, has called on his players "to toughen up a bit", which echoes Pochettino's comments questioning his players' mentality after the Newcastle defeat.
But it will the manager of the losing team on Wednesday whose mental strength will really be put to the test.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Spurs have won four and lost just one of their last six against the Seagulls (D1).
The one previous League Cup meeting between these sides came in the 1982-83 competition, when Spurs won 2-1 on aggregate in a two-legged second round tie.

Tottenham

Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 in this competition against lower ranked sides, scoring in all 11 games in this run.
Tottenham suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time this season at the weekend.

Brighton

Brighton's only win in their last 11 matches was their Capital One Cup third-round win over Burton on 24 September.
Brighton have won more away games in this season's League Cup (two) than they had in the last 19 seasons combined (one).
The Seagulls have made this stage of the competition for the first time since 1979-80, when they were beaten 4-0 in a replay by Tottenham's North London rivals Arsenal (the first game ended 0-0).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'm going to try and limit the damage control here. I'm currently unbeaten in the MDT's so hopefully I'll salvage something...

****Official Match Thread****
Tottenham Hotspurs Vs Brighton and Hove Albion

tottenham-hotspur.png
--------
brighton-and-hove-albion.png

TEAM NEWS

Tottenham full-back Kyle Naughton is fit again after a ankle injury while fellow defender Federico Fazio is available after suspension.
But Nabil Bentaleb and Kyle Walker remain sidelined with ankle and pelvis injuries respectively.
Brighton midfielder Kazenga LuaLua is available again after suspension.
But Sam Baldock is cup-tied while Craig Mackail-Smith could miss out again with a hamstring injury and full-back Bruno is struggling with a groin problem.

MATCH PREVIEW

Two managers under pressure at new clubs is the backdrop to Brighton's visit to Tottenham.
Under Mauricio Pochettino, Spurs have won just three times in this season's Premier League, and were booed off after a weekend defeat at home to Newcastle.

They looked like making an early exit from the Capital One Cup after going behind to Nottingham Forest - but battled back and will be strong favourites to reach the quarter-finals despite their recent form.
That's because visitors Brighton, who were also booed off after a home draw with Rotherham at the weekend, have also been struggling under new manager Sami Hyppia.
The Seagulls have not won in the league since August - a run of 10 games that has left them hovering above the Championship relegation zone.
Hyppia, twice a League Cup winner with Liverpool, has called on his players "to toughen up a bit", which echoes Pochettino's comments questioning his players' mentality after the Newcastle defeat.
But it will the manager of the losing team on Wednesday whose mental strength will really be put to the test.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Spurs have won four and lost just one of their last six against the Seagulls (D1).
The one previous League Cup meeting between these sides came in the 1982-83 competition, when Spurs won 2-1 on aggregate in a two-legged second round tie.

Tottenham

Tottenham have won 10 of their last 11 in this competition against lower ranked sides, scoring in all 11 games in this run.
Tottenham suffered back-to-back defeats for the first time this season at the weekend.

Brighton

Brighton's only win in their last 11 matches was their Capital One Cup third-round win over Burton on 24 September.
Brighton have won more away games in this season's League Cup (two) than they had in the last 19 seasons combined (one).
The Seagulls have made this stage of the competition for the first time since 1979-80, when they were beaten 4-0 in a replay by Tottenham's North London rivals Arsenal (the first game ended 0-0).

What have you done! :ohmy:

Wheel loose now

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
This might be clutching at straws, so give me a little license ...I'm desperate!

But.....our last win in this competition (or any other come to that) was against a team (Burton) that had a T an O and an N in their location name. .... Told you I was desperate :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here