Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l229-1962277_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon was sent off late on at Burton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 29th October 2014
by James Hilsum
It is clear they are a better side than us, but if we do everything right then we have a chance."
Inigo Calderon

Inigo Calderon believes Wednesday’s Capital One Cup fourth round tie against Tottenham can give the side a perfect boost for the rest of the season.The Spaniard admits that even if the result does not go Albion’s way on the night, the side can still take confidence from the match if they play to their full potential.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We are not in the best position in the league and we are having problems getting points on the board, but if we do something good on Wednesday then we can take that into Saturday’s game against Bournemouth.
“If we play well on the night then it proves to people that we are not a bad side, especially against a side like Tottenham.
“In the Championship if you play to your best then I would say you have an 80% chance to win the game. If you play to your best against a Premier League side then I would say you have 30-40% chance to win because they can still have a bad day and score against you.
“The best way to react to our current situation is by winning a game. If we cannot do it then we at least need to be close to how we want to perform as it will be a good boost for us."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The full back is also relishing the prospect of playing at a Premier League stadium and feels it is more enjoyable for fans and players alike to face a top-flight side away from home.“I love to play against good teams, but it’s not the same if we play at home. If we play against Sunderland, Arsenal or Liverpool then I would prefer to go to those grounds.
“The fans enjoy it more going to a Premier League stadium and there will be 4000 Albion supporters there, so it’s important to give something back to them. We need a good performance so that the fans can see us play well.”
Calderon also feels that Tottenham’s inconsistent start to the season could potentially make them an even more dangerous proposition, particularly after last weekend’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.
“The result they had against Newcastle didn’t help us, because the manager is probably not going to be happy with their performance.* Therefore I think they will be ready for us.
“I don’t really think there is any difference in terms of who is under more pressure. It is clear they are a better side than us, but if we do everything right then we have a chance.”

[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h] TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h] saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h] SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here