Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Independent and evidence-based analysis of BHA problems

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
If you like me are sick of the knee-jerk brigade on here then this is worth a read.

http://experimental361.com/2014/10/24/club-by-club-review-championship/

"Brighton – The execution – and perhaps a bit of luck – is all that appears to be lacking for Brighton so far. Up front, they’ve created more chances than any Football League side except Norwich, but also have the second most wasteful attack. At the back, they have allowed the fewest attempts at their goal of any Championship side but only three defences have required fewer shots on average to breach."

A (probably futile) plea for any comment on this to be based on the experimental 3-6-1 analysis rather than repeating views already posted on so many other threads.

PG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lets hope that Stockdale has turned the corner to make one set of figures better where the opponents dont have 2 shots on target 1 goal. On the I player interview SH hinted that he wasnt right when he arrived but was much better now, as shown by Saturdays performance. That will enable us to build from clean sheets.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Firstly the basis of the statistics is incorrect. The report equates "chances" to "shots". In our case, the midfielders blasting over from thirty yards is not a "chance". I am sure that Mr Burke has all the Opta stats that will show how very few real "chances" that we have created.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
interesting

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you like me are sick of the knee-jerk brigade on here then this is worth a read.

http://experimental361.com/2014/10/24/club-by-club-review-championship/

"Brighton – The execution – and perhaps a bit of luck – is all that appears to be lacking for Brighton so far. Up front, they’ve created more chances than any Football League side except Norwich, but also have the second most wasteful attack. At the back, they have allowed the fewest attempts at their goal of any Championship side but only three defences have required fewer shots on average to breach."

A (probably futile) plea for any comment on this to be based on the experimental 3-6-1 analysis rather than repeating views already posted on so many other threads.

PG

Welcome to Div 1 then:moo:

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think it confirms opponents have been able to slice through us and create real chances from which they score whereas we tend to try and make a way through defences, do not succeed and then shoot from distance to limited effect. Stats are how you interpret them.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The evidence lies in our league position. The problem is that at the present moment our strikeforce (force??) could not hit a wall with a wet bogey.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Number of shots: Norwich, Brighton, Blackburn Worst: Charlton, Leeds
Possession: Derby, Brighton, Norwich Worst: Rotherham, Charlton
Passing: Brighton, Wolves, Derby Worst: Birmingham, Ipswich, Rotherham
Aerials: Blackburn, Rotherham, Ipswich Worst: Watford, Brentford
Shots inside the penalty area, best %: Ipswich, Derby, Middlesbrough Worst: Leeds, Sheff Wed, Charlton
Action zones (most attacking): Norwich, Rotherham Least: Blackpool, Leeds, Charlton

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well, at least the new manager will have some positives to work with.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here