Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latest Election Poll. Labour seem to be slipping...

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
poll-1-762x428.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Some interesting scenarios presenting themselves here:

1. Tory / UKIP coalition, UK has EU referendum and decide to stay in - then what?
2. Lib Dem and UKIP get similar number of seats, Tories need one partner to form a coalition - who do they choose?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Can you imagine Nigel Farage being given the job of Foreign secretary in Macaroons newly formed govt .. Carnage !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP taking some of the Labour vote from the looks of it.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There is a big possibility of a total f**k up with no party gaining a majority and unable to secure a coalition thus going down the minority rule and calling a second election later next year, get on big at your local bookies
Should've happened last time...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Some interesting scenarios presenting themselves here:

1. Tory / UKIP coalition, UK has EU referendum and decide to stay in - then what?
2. Lib Dem and UKIP get similar number of seats, Tories need one partner to form a coalition - who do they choose?

Interesting in that nobody is currently talking about Labour getting in as part of a coalition. Maybe they need to ditch their 'manager' in order to prevent getting 'relegated'? Sound familiar?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
UKIP is taking Labour votes, of that there is no doubt. They seem to be able to pull numbers from the three 'main' parties. However if UKIP did not exist (or they were polling at the same percentage as a fringe party such as the Greens, then I am sure the Conservatives would win the next election.

As it is - I still do think Cameron will be PM after the GE, but I think this is down to the disaster of Ed Milliband as well.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
UKIP is taking Labour votes, of that there is no doubt. They seem to be able to pull numbers from the three 'main' parties. However if UKIP did not exist (or they were polling at the same percentage as a fringe party such as the Greens, then I am sure the Conservatives would win the next election.

As it is - I still do think Cameron will be PM after the GE, but I think this is down to the disaster of Ed Milliband as well.

Like they won the last election, they haven't won one since 1992 and are unelectable as a national party anymore

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
No way will a party in government get more seats than they have now, so a Labour victory is very likely.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Like they won the last election, they haven't won one since 1992 and are unelectable as a national party anymore

I never said they 'won' the GE in the terms which you are suggesting. However they did receive TWO MILLION more votes than Labour - who were the clear loser of the last election.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Using the UK on line election calculator its still comes out Con 276 Labour 317 Lib Dems 27 Others 30 but nothing for UKIP even though they get nearly 1 in 5 of the voters in this country.

Is our system outdated and unfair?

larus

The only way that Labour was able to get elected was to become Tory. Except, they still couldn't run the economy properly; even during the 'boom' years he ran a deficit (and that excludes the payment on Credit Cards - PFI).

One thing lefties never seem to realise is that the most important thing is the ECONOMY. That's it. Everything else is secondary. If the economy is screwed, then the government doesn't get the revenue to pay for it's pet projects.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here