Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friday Nov 14 - an evening of top sports chat

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Something of interest to NSCers, I hope - I've invited a few friends out for a Question Time-style chat about sporting matters in aid of the roof repair fund at community-owned Exeter Street Hall (5 minutes' walk from BHASVIC).

The panel is: Paul Hayward, friend of us all, Fergie's ghost-writer, multi-award-winning sports writer; Mick Cleary, Telegraph rugby correspondent; Paul Weaver, Guardian F1 and cricket man; Lynne Truss, who was reluctantly persuaded to become a sports columnist by The Times before becoming the nation's unofficial punctuation guru, and accidentally fell in love with golf; and Pete Nicholls, broadsheet writer on athletics, Olympics and drugs in sport. I'll be in the Dimbleby role.

http://www.exeterstreethall.org/sports-panel/

It won't be particularly Albion-centric (although all the above are Brighton residents and have all been to the Amex), but I know that there are many people on here who are much more broad-minded as regards sport than football obsessives like me. The plan is to have a first half of questions submitted in advance, a second half of questions from the floor. And they're all top people who won't mind a bit of brain-picking during the interval or afterwards.

There's also a raffle with prizes including Albion tickets, access to Top Gear recording and a cricket bat signed by the Sussex team. I've persuaded the organisers that Harvey's at the bar will go down well. And the Prestonville, Chimney House, Dyke Inn and Good Companions are all within an easy stroll.

Hope to see some of you there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Lynne Truss! That should scare off a few folk on here :lolol:

With the vast quantity of collected wisdom amongst that little assembly, no doubt there will some very interesting stories to tell. Sounds good :thumbsup:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Blimey, that is a top level panel. Will be there in spirit and wouldn't mind some sort of transcript or recording if poss.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The reception that followed my dad's second wedding took place in that hall & I've lived in Port Hall Place and Coventry St so know it well. Good cause and excellent panel. Just tapping up a potential companion :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Something of interest to NSCers, I hope - I've invited a few friends out for a Question Time-style chat about sporting matters in aid of the roof repair fund at community-owned Exeter Street Hall (5 minutes' walk from BHASVIC).

The panel is: Paul Hayward, friend of us all, Fergie's ghost-writer, multi-award-winning sports writer; Mick Cleary, Telegraph rugby correspondent; Paul Weaver, Guardian F1 and cricket man; Lynne Truss, who was reluctantly persuaded to become a sports columnist by The Times before becoming the nation's unofficial punctuation guru, and accidentally fell in love with golf; and Pete Nicholls, broadsheet writer on athletics, Olympics and drugs in sport. I'll be in the Dimbleby role.

http://www.exeterstreethall.org/sports-panel/

It won't be particularly Albion-centric (although all the above are Brighton residents and have all been to the Amex), but I know that there are many people on here who are much more broad-minded as regards sport than football obsessives like me. The plan is to have a first half of questions submitted in advance, a second half of questions from the floor. And they're all top people who won't mind a bit of brain-picking during the interval or afterwards.

There's also a raffle with prizes including Albion tickets, access to Top Gear recording and a cricket bat signed by the Sussex team. I've persuaded the organisers that Harvey's at the bar will go down well. And the Prestonville, Chimney House, Dyke Inn and Good Companions are all within an easy stroll.

Hope to see some of you there.

In fact tickets ordered for me and [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION]

Thanks for, er, promoting your own event :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Any chance of a late place for Crodonilson on the panel?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
A timely bounce. My tickets haven't arrived. Don't worry [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] I'll get on the blower tomorrow.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'm planning to transcribe proceedings if anyone's interested. Should have it published on the blog by the end of the weekend. This is slightly dependent on me not misplacing my dictaphone, as I'm going clubbing afterwards. Anyway, looking forward to it - hail the sage panel :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here