Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tow stop

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Is this the future of keeping traffic wardens at bay?

[video]http://home.bt.com/techgadgets/futuretech/the-hightech-car-sticker-that-keeps-traffic-wardens-at-bay-11363939544365[/video]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is in Brighton I took my brother in law to The Old Steine for the bus yesterday and stopped at the ATM in a parking area with a charge of £3.50 for 1 hour, I didnt want to park for an hour just 2 mins so took a chance and kept my eye on the car, fortuanately all was well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It is in Brighton I took my brother in law to The Old Steine for the bus yesterday and stopped at the ATM in a parking area with a charge of £3.50 for 1 hour, I didnt want to park for an hour just 2 mins so took a chance and kept my eye on the car, fortuanately all was well.

As I live in the borough of Hillingdon, the local council issue everyone who wants one, a resident card which gives you preferential rates like parking for instance.
It is quite good for when you want nip into town where you can get the first half an hour parking for free.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/17747/Using-your-card

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I live in the borough of Hillingdon, the local council issue everyone who wants one, a resident card which gives you preferential rates like parking for instance.
It is quite good for when you want nip into town where you can get the first half an hour parking for free.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/17747/Using-your-card

Could you ever see Brighton doing that even for 15 minutes, I doubt it very much although government ministers have been suggesting it for ages to help inner area shops.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
aint going to work here. wardens are on target earnings, hardly going to call you.

I do so hope those new cameras they've fitted round there are working.

I can only imagine the self righteous indignation at being caught by a camera you didn't know was there while being parked illegaly will spur you to another wonderful thread on here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I use my legs.

So you walk from wherever irrespective of distance to draw some money out or do you drive to a car park and pay the fee for 1 hour knowing you will use it for 2 mins

As posted Hiingdons answer us the way forward but I woukd reducd it to 15 mins free. This would increase the publics use of local shops without causing traffic problems. This is what the government want and will obviously ve brought in at some time in the future.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So you walk from wherever irrespective of distance to draw some money out or do you drive to a car park and pay the fee for 1 hour knowing you will use it for 2 mins.

So there is no where in the whole country where you can get money out of a ATM with free parking

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here