Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris OGrady

pell40

Jun 7, 2013
Is anyone else thinking O'grady came down to sign for Whitehawk and got lost. Or were we just genuinely completely conned into signing him

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Makes me chuckle when I walk up to stadium and read the One Club, One Ambition crap. Then see Chris O'Grady in the team......Keep buying the shirts, pies and beer though!!!!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I'm more annoyed with our recruitment policy then taking it out on players like O'Grady and Baldock.. Most people knew he wasn't good enough. I can't help thinking we have wasted a small fortune on average players and i don't see it improving either.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Murray, unproven at Championship level when he left us and signed for Palace struggled in his first season and i expect had he performed like that in our first season at the Amex (or if we'd been watching him at Palace in that first season) many would have been calling for him to go, describing him as league 1 at best, not up to it and all other criticism being levelled at our strikers now.

He scored just 7 in 43 games for them in that first season. He scored 31 in 45 the following season and helped them to promotion.

Maybe some fans decide far too soon before laying on the abuse. (Vokes, Murray, Barnes, etc....)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Football fans scapegoat easy target SHOCK. Perhaps if we created chances for any of our strikers, they might just have more chance of scoring.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm sorry. I stood up for COG until Rotherham.

but his complete lack of strikers instinct to anticipate Paddy's brilliant roll across the face of the goal, as COG stood there totally static on the 6 yard line, was enough for me.

if you don't have striker's instinct in your DNA, then you will never ever make it at this level. Sorry COG, huffing and puffing counts for nothing when your job is tap ins.

Sign me up. I'll get us out of this sh1t.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Football fans scapegoat easy target SHOCK. Perhaps if we created chances for any of our strikers, they might just have more chance of scoring.
They don't score when we do create chances so what bloody hope have we got!?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They don't score when we do create chances so what bloody hope have we got!?

The last 3 home games I've been too we've had about 5/6 clear cut chances that I can remember, we create nothing for our strikers despite having a supposed 'attacking' mindset. It's easy to blame the strikers but strikers miss chances regularly and if youre only creating them one chance a game it gives them no chance.

I'm not defending Baldock & O'Grady per say but it's too easy to put all the blame on them but how many chances are they actually missing? Not many because they don't get many, I mean look at Baldock... Had a relatively good scoring record for West Ham at this level given he played a lot as a sub, scored 25 odd goals last season and now looks absolutely lost and drained of all confidence.

Dec 29, 2011
Seemed to me a like a calculated (moneyball) signing from Burke. 500k for a player who scored 15 goals in one season for a crap team. Could easily have scored another 15 for us and he'd be worth £2m or more. Unfortunately, Brighton isn't a team to join if you want to score goals.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The last 3 home games I've been too we've had about 5/6 clear cut chances that I can remember, we create nothing for our strikers despite having a supposed 'attacking' mindset. It's easy to blame the strikers but strikers miss chances regularly and if youre only creating them one chance a game it gives them no chance.

I'm not defending Baldock & O'Grady per say but it's too easy to put all the blame on them but how many chances are they actually missing? Not many because they don't get many, I mean look at Baldock... Had a relatively good scoring record for West Ham at this level given he played a lot as a sub, scored 25 odd goals last season and now looks absolutely lost and drained of all confidence.
I hear ya, Dunk has scored every one of his chances and he spends 90% of the game in our half..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here