Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

just watched extended highlights of rothers game.....we looked lost.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
particularly in defence...what the feck was ince doing for revells goal..?

what the feck was greer doing

we look thoroughly bemused and cluless......what the feck has gone wrong here...??

genuine question not just more moaning......what is wrong with stevens and march , why is baldock being played out
wide

what on earth is going on....!??:(

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we can expect borenmuff to tear us a few new bumbholes if we play like that....them . bolton , fulham all hitting their straps , even millwall gave cardiff a going over...they actually tried to score goals....!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yep said as much myself.

In the past we have had good teamslike Poyets in their pomp (L1 champ for example) Adams mk1, even Oscar and going back to the BL and McGhee days where you could just tell we would get a goal from somewhere and maybe even go onto win.

Then there is this team and the hinshelwoods and the geoff woods where you just know we are going to struggle to score let alone go onto win.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I don't believe it, really? Everyone on here says we looked top class and have been since the start of the season :shootself

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I just couldn't be arsed to watch the highlights of such a crap game. I'd had to sit though it for 90 minutes on Saturday after all.

I also thought that Rotherham looked as if they would sneak a goal near the end, we were that poor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
first half we were....alright - we looked like a set of relatively good players who had NO confidence in themselves or the system they were playing.

We grabbed a bumbly goal and I hoped we would gain confidence. 2nd half we just got worse and worse and worse. We seem very fragile to conceding (i.e. we really went into our shells after they scored). If the game had gone on much more I'm pretty confident we would've lost. The front 3 had completely run out of ideas for the final 30 mins, on McCourt looked like really doing anything.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
first half we were....alright - we looked like a set of relatively good players who had NO confidence in themselves or the system they were playing.

We grabbed a bumbly goal and I hoped we would gain confidence. 2nd half we just got worse and worse and worse. We seem very fragile to conceding (i.e. we really went into our shells after they scored). If the game had gone on much more I'm pretty confident we would've lost. The front 3 had completely run out of ideas for the final 30 mins, on McCourt looked like really doing anything.

Agree with this. Although Paddy looked like he might create something, by the time Tex came on the midfield had disappeared completely and it all looked very strange. JFC should not have been taken off....it was Gardner that didn't turn up after half time at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I watched it live - we looked lost all over the pitch for most of the game

Ditto , the team had no cutting edge and direction. The only player who looked like he could influence the proceedings was Paddy and he made mistakes too.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I've never seen an average team dominate the last 10/15 minutes of a match at The Amex with the scores level quite like Rotherham did. In fact, even against better sides I can't think of a game at home where we've been drawing going into the last 10/15 and got overrun like that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agree with this. Although Paddy looked like he might create something, by the time Tex came on the midfield had disappeared completely and it all looked very strange. JFC should not have been taken off....it was Gardner that didn't turn up after half time at all.

That is where Sami just nose dived even further in my book. Paddy came on on 67mins and genuinely changed the complexion of the game. He ran at them, ran between the lines, got beyond our forwards - I thought crikey we might actually win this.

He then brings Tex on on 80mins, clearly asks McCourt to suddenly drop back next to Ince, and it all goes to poop. Our threat from McCourt has gone, Tex was ineffectual, we then had went back to no width, and from the first substitution looking like it could nick us the game, the second nearly cost us even a point.

From 80mins onward, they camped in our half, we couldn't pass the ball out as they could press our full backs knowing they had no option down the line and could only play it inside, so Stockdale ends up kicking long to our Umpah Lumpars.

That wasn't down to our players, that was down to a broken system and crap tactics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That is where Sami just nose dived even further in my book. Paddy came on on 67mins and genuinely changed the complexion of the game. He ran at them, ran between the lines, got beyond our forwards - I thought crikey we might actually win this.

He then brings Tex on on 80mins, clearly asks McCourt to suddenly drop back next to Ince, and it all goes to poop. Our threat from McCourt has gone, Tex was ineffectual, we then had went back to no width, and from the first substitution looking like it could nick us the game, the second nearly cost us even a point.

From 80mins onward, they camped in our half, we couldn't pass the ball out as they could press our full backs knowing they had no option down the line and could only play it inside, so Stockdale ends up kicking long to our Umpah Lumpars.

That wasn't down to our players, that was down to a broken system and crap tactics.

Spot on I'm afraid.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've never seen an average team dominate the last 10/15 minutes of a match at The Amex with the scores level quite like Rotherham did. In fact, even against better sides I can't think of a game at home where we've been drawing going into the last 10/15 and got overrun like that.

This is true.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought the performance and tactics were bad enough to sack Sami on Saturday night. Unbelievably, he has another game and I imagine next weekend too as you can hardly sack someone for losing to Spurs

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here