Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't think Sami will go

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
My views are Sami will not be sacked they will give him more time and get 2 or more playes in to freshen up the team,

But we shall seee.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Would be a travesty if he stayed. Yes, the personnel could be improved but the squad is at least capable of mid table mediocrity. It's the tactics that need changing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Neither do I, think he will get to at least the next international break to try and turn it around.
Personally not sure that is right, but he wouldn't be able to say he wasn't given a chance.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think if we lose to Bournemouth he will be sacked in the international break, giving Bloom two weeks to get a new manager in.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just wondering if any manager has pulled around a side he was in charge of after such a poor start or even run? Do players simply stop believing or lose confidence and a change of personel is an absolute necessary? If that is the case, then he may as well go now.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
If he doesn't go today im sure he will be in charge for the Bournemouth game, to be honest can only see 2 defeats this week whoever is in charge.
Next week is another question 2 home games both winnable I think we could get 6 points next week if he goes by then.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I posted this on another thread yesterday:
I would love to get behind the team, if we didn't put out a side with no midfield and three strikers who were totally ineffective. I have never in over 50 years of supporting the Albion left before the final whistle, nor booed the side at the,end of the game. Until yesterday, when to avoid booing the side I left the Amex with a couple of minutes to go. I really can't remember seeing so many ineffectual displays - poor squad , poor management - Bloom, Burke, Barber all culpable, and must start to sort it this week. I would like to see Hyppia and Jones gone by the Spurs game!

I can only add that at the beginning of the season we we were promised a squad worthy of a serious challenge for the premiership. That is not happening under the present coaching set up. Tony must not delay, if he is serious in his ambition for BHA - if we bring in a coaching team with the passion to get us up the table (Hughton?) plus a couple of forwards who know where the goal is, then we may just be there or thereabouts come next Spring. BUT THE BOARD MUST ACT THIS WEEK!!!!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Who ever we have in charge will still need a centre forward, so I guess it would make sense to try and bring one in on loan and then give Sami Hyypia a few more games to see if we can get some wins. I'm still not convinced he's the right man to take us forward but it's only fair to give him a chance with a better centre forward than we've currently got.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As people have said if there is no meeting planned today he will be in charge at Tottenham and lets face it no one expects us to win there so in reality he will be in charge at Bournemouth a heavy defeat by them should seal his fate, and if not we are in "serious" trouble if no action is taken...........

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm normally not one for sacking the manager if things don't go too well, but I've not been impressed at all with SH and I think he has to go.
The team don't seem to know what system he wants to play, the fans don't, and I don't think he's got a clue either.

My concern is that we'd be left with Mr Jones in charge and I don't think I could handle that at all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Either :

1 - Sami goes
2 - Sami stays and changes tactics
3 - We sign better strikers

or

4 - We go down

the choice is the club's.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I actually watched the manager for periods of time on Saturday. At no time did I see any communication with his fellow bench dwellers ( NJ apart). When Texeira came on, he walked right past him, none of the usual 'good luck' pat on the back you see from other managers. My feeling is he hasn't got a clue re tactics or man management and the sooner he goes the better.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Never been comfortable with the appointment. Thought it was a bit unusual when his assist at Bayer declined coming with him, and he seemed crucial to SH's life at Bayer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here