gall-l229-2042383_478x359.jpg

Norman Gall
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 27th October 2014
by James Hilsum
With a good spell we can still be up there at the end of the season."
Norman Gall

Former Brighton & Hove Albion players Paul Flood and Norman Gall visited the Amex for last week’s Sky Bet Championship clash against Middlesbrough and they both feel there are still reasons for optimism this season.
Gall appeared for Albion throughout the 1960s and believes that Sami Hyypia’s side can still be successful after a difficult start.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s difficult because so many players have moved on and we’ve effectively got a brand new side.
“Brighton have had two good years, but there have been a lot of changes this season and it will take a few games for them all to gel together.
“There are not many terrific sides in this league, so we’ve still got a chance. With a good spell we can still be up there at the end of the season.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Flood was also realistic in his assessment of the season so far and is encouraged by a number of younger players being given a chance.
“Sami [Hyypia] has tried to change a lot of things, so it’s going to take a bit of time and I think the fans have got to be patient. The manager knows what he wants, but it’s early days and these things take time.
“There are a lot of young players in the side, which is pleasing to see. It’s going to be a long-term job and I’m not sure if they will reach the play-offs this year, but it would be quite an achievement if they do make it.”
Finally, Gall looked ahead to the mouth-watering Capital One Cup tie against Tottenham on Wednesday and admitted he would have loved to see the tie played at the Amex instead.
“It’s a shame it’s not here as I think the atmosphere would have been terrific. Going to play at Tottenham will be a difficult test for the squad.”[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here